IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

EAC crashes on file open/save dialog box in Win7 x64
timcupery
post Mar 12 2011, 22:24
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 683

EAC crashes anytime the program tries to pop up a dialog box to open a file, save a file, or select a directory location. I have only seen this behavior on Windows 7 64-bit machines. I recently re-imaged my laptop to Win7 x64 (it had previously been Win7 x86 home edition) and EAC worked fine with full functionality). And last week I bought a new desktop with Win7 x64 (my previous desktop was WinXP 32-bit). I have used EAC for years and have never seen this behavior before.

If I click on "process wav" or "compare wavs" the normal open-file dialog box pops up but immediately an error message also comes up saying that EAC.exe has stopped working. The program also crashes similarly if I go to EAC Options --> Directories and "browse" to set the default save directory for ripped files. (if I just type or paste the directory location, it's fine). If I ask EAC to "ask every time" where to save ripped files, a dialog box pops up and the program crashes.

I've tried this with 1.0b1, 0.99pb5, and 0.95b4.

I am able to rip files fine if I set the default directory by typing or pasting the directory location.
But the inability for EAC to pop up a dialog box means that I can't use the wav editor, which I use regularly.
For the record, both of my Win7 x64 computers are Windows 7 Enterprise edition.

I don't have Adobe Drive installed, but both computers are using Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Here are two threads that I found discussing similar issues, but I wasn't able to fix anything in my case. (although I haven't tried uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Protection)
http://www.digital-inn.de/exact-audio-copy...-vista-x64.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/software/20894-...cd-ripping.html

--------------------
God kills a kitten every time you encode with CBR 320
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 17:08