IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Banana splits, Splitting the atom is sod all compared to splitting a mega-track.
T.Triumvirate
post Mar 11 2011, 21:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 88853

I have five William Burroughs lectures/readings/ramblings that are all over ninety-minutes long. All the aforementioned chap does is talk, cough, ramble and light a cigarette every so often. I've tried to split one-hundred minute tracks into two fifty-minute ones, etc, with dismal results. 'Wave Editors', 'File-Splitters' a-go-go: nix!

Anyone with any info -- I have the Hydrogen Auto Cue Tool to work in conjunction with the totally excellent E.A.C. bit-of-kit: I can't even split a banana with the thin.

Now then, I'm no computer maven, but usually just find out what I have to do to and, erm, do it; however, I've hit a rather large brick wall with this one.

I'd be grateful for any and all advice stated simply for a poor Non-Geek in Geeksville.

I've just found out that, in this twenty-first of centuries, one is not able to buy a CD-R 120...

Okus dokus.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
[JAZ]
post Mar 12 2011, 15:46
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 2383

A .cue file can be (mis)used to do this too. Use foobar2000 to play the cue, and convert the "tracks" to .wav. (can be done all at the same time).

But probably a more visual way than a .cue is needed here, so using an audio editor is preffered.

I've just found out that, in this twenty-first of centuries, one is not able to buy a CD-R 120...
Of course you can.. you can buy a single layer DVD of 4.7GB, you can buy a dual layer DVD 8.5GB, you can buy a blu-ray 25GB or 50GB.... (one could even buy an HD-DVD of 30GB before the format was killed).
Oh, and of course then there is SD, microSD, USB pen drive....

In other words, you cannot get something old and magically made it work as if it was something new.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2014 - 06:42