IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Banana splits, Splitting the atom is sod all compared to splitting a mega-track.
T.Triumvirate
post Mar 11 2011, 21:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 88853

I have five William Burroughs lectures/readings/ramblings that are all over ninety-minutes long. All the aforementioned chap does is talk, cough, ramble and light a cigarette every so often. I've tried to split one-hundred minute tracks into two fifty-minute ones, etc, with dismal results. 'Wave Editors', 'File-Splitters' a-go-go: nix!

Anyone with any info -- I have the Hydrogen Auto Cue Tool to work in conjunction with the totally excellent E.A.C. bit-of-kit: I can't even split a banana with the thin.

Now then, I'm no computer maven, but usually just find out what I have to do to and, erm, do it; however, I've hit a rather large brick wall with this one.

I'd be grateful for any and all advice stated simply for a poor Non-Geek in Geeksville.

I've just found out that, in this twenty-first of centuries, one is not able to buy a CD-R 120...

Okus dokus.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Nick.C
post Mar 11 2011, 23:24
Post #2

lossyWAV Developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 42400

If the files were compressed in FLAC then you could use the --skip=mm:ss.ss and --until=mm:ss.ss to extract chunks of the file (and re-encode fairly easily).

--------------------
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 --feedback 4| FLAC -8 ~= 320kbps
+Quote Post
WonderSlug
post Mar 12 2011, 06:33
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 51066

If one has enough RAM memory (at least 2GB for 90+ minutes), even the simple Windows Sound Recorder can do what the OP wants.

I do it all the time.

I load a 900 MB WAV file (standard 44/16/2) which is about 90 minutes long into Windows Sound Recorder. Then you move the slider to the position where you want to "cut" the audio. Then choose Edit->Delete After Current Position.

Save the resulting trimmed audio to a new WAV file, like "First-Part.wav"

Repeat on original WAV file and choose Edit->Delete Before Current Position instead.

Save to WAV file named something like "Second-Part.wav"

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th July 2014 - 12:50