This component has been obsoleted by the ReplayGain scanner bundled with foobar2000 version 1.1.6.
I have produced a scanner interface almost entirely from scratch, based on libebur128
. Basic information and a binary are posted here
, and the full source is posted here
, but I warn you, it isn't pretty.
It writes -18 - LUFS to the normal ReplayGain track and album gain level tags, and optionally scans for the "true" peak by resampling the signal to 192KHz first, using the foobar2000 resampler service, but this is disabled by default because it has a pretty heavy speed cost.
No attempt is made to support reading or writing the EBU R128 "standard" of tags proposed in this topic
, because that is beyond the scope of a mere scanner component. The player core must first support representing that information internally with its binary ReplayGain information structures, and then every input component that supports reading and/or writing tags must be modified to support these changes.
- Version 1.21 - 2011-02-07 14:12 UTC:
- Fixed a bug in libebur128 when handling weird sample rates.
- Version 1.20 - 2011-01-31 01:33 UTC:
- Fixed album scanning results reporting.
- Version 1.19 - 2011-01-31 01:22 UTC:
- Disabled apply tags button when there are no tags to apply results to.
- Version 1.18 - 2011-01-30 23:53 UTC:
- Implemented full error reporting.
- Version 1.17 - 2011-01-30 06:23 UTC:
- Fixed another crash issue with IO error handling in the scanner thread.
- Version 1.16 - 2011-01-30 05:28 UTC:
- Fixed a potential problem with threaded album scanning where not all of the threads would result in valid scanner instances.
- Version 1.15 - 2011-01-29 02:44 UTC:
- Updated to libebur128-0.1.9.
- Changed scanner function to reconfigure libebur128 instead of resampling or failing outright.
- Version 1.14 - 2011-01-28 05:48 UTC:
- Implemented proper track and album skipping.
- Version 1.13 - 2011-01-28 05:04 UTC:
- Implemented multi-threaded album scanning.
- Version 1.12 - 2011-01-27 07:04 UTC:
- Scanner status now only lists the files currently being scanned.
- Scanner status window now shows the count of processed files and the total count.
- Limited thread count by the number of jobs to execute.
- Version 1.11 - 2011-01-27 06:15 UTC:
- Fixed channel mapping setup for non-stereo files.
- Added an abort check to the scanner processing loop just in case.
- Changed the scanner results to a modeless dialog to get rid of the Windows 7 taskbar progress indicator artifact.
- Changed all applicable get_item() calls to  operators.
- Version 1.10 - 2010-01-26 10:34 UTC:
- Changed the "true" peak scanner to always use an upsampling factor of 4 instead of a fixed sample rate of 192KHz.
- Version 1.9 - 2011-01-26 09:32 UTC:
- Fixed mixed up infinity/NaN in ebur128.cpp.
- Fixed rg_offset to return the correct invalid gain constant when the result is invalid or out of range.
- Version 1.8 - 2011-01-26 08:47 UTC:
- Implemented support for mid-file and mid-album sample rate changes.
- Version 1.7 - 2011-01-26 08:15 UTC:
- Fixed albums-by-tags scanning mode to include the last album detected in the batch.
- Disabled multi-threading in debug builds.
- Fixed "true" peak calculation to instantiate the resampler for more than just the first track in the album.
- Restructured "true" peak calculation resampler code to properly handle the last chunk produced by the decoder
- Version 1.6 - 2011-01-26 06:03 UTC:
- Implemented thread priority control.
- First public release.
- Version 1.5 - 2011-01-26 05:53 UTC:
- Implemented finer grained progress indicating.
- Version 1.4 - 2011-01-26 05:16 UTC:
- Fixed RG scanner result display dialog showing the track gain in the album peak column when scanning in track gain mode.
- Version 1.3 - 2011-01-26 05:16 UTC:
- Made "true" peak scanning optional.
- Version 1.2 - 2011-01-26 04:24 UTC:
- Fixed RG result info display when there are results from more than one job in the batch.
- Fixed RG scanner to remove the current job's track names and update the display on I/O error.
- Version 1.1 - 2011-01-26 03:45 UTC:
- Fixed RG info applying filter result finding function to actually return the item indices so that album set tags are written correctly.
- Version 1.0 - 2011-01-26 02:31 UTC:
- Album scan mode now keeps track of the sample rate and channel information across tracks.
- Version 0.0 - 2011-01-26 02:18 UTC: