IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Setting up EAC to encode CDs to ALAC format
DorianFabre
post Jan 21 2011, 20:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 87299

I've been searching for information on setting up EAC to encode CDs to ALAC format but haven't had any luck (I'm really terrible at searching for stuff; I have no idea why) and I assume that this has been covered somewhere in this forum - could someone please point me in the right direction? Basically, I need to know which encoder to download and what settings to input on EAC's 'External Compression' tab.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
mixminus1
post Jan 21 2011, 21:25
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 20097

Wow, iTunesEncode...haven't used that in a looong time - in fact, I think the last time I used it was right before I got my Mac mini and found out about XLD. wink.gif

But, for old time's sake, I gave it a spin, and whaddayknow - it seems to work just fine with iTunes 10.1.1.4 under XP.

The only modification I had to make to the command line given in the wiki was to delete the "-d" parameter at the end.

If I left it there, it would indeed delete the file from iTunes' library - right after iTunes had successfully encoded and tagged it.

Also (and I seem to remember this being the main thing that annoyed me when I tried using it years ago), there doesn't appear to be a way to delete the encoded .m4a's automagically. They stay put in whatever output directory I point EAC to.

--------------------
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 18:37