IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Reply to this topicStart new topic
laptop fan noise
LocrianGroove
post Jan 21 2011, 18:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 41051

Hi, My Dell Latitude 820 has an annoying fan noise that has a pronounced single pitch. This seems to be an auxilliary fan, as it only comes on after the laptop has been on for awhile. I tried out a cooling pad that is even worse than the laptop. Any suggestions?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DonP
post Jan 21 2011, 20:41
Post #2

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 4955

I've no experience with Dells in particular, but generally a thermostatic cooling fan will come on less (if at all) if you use aggressive power save settings.

As to how much noise it makes mostly what you can do is make sure it's clean.
+Quote Post
LocrianGroove
post Apr 15 2011, 05:03
Post #3

Member No.: 41051

Ah, yes, I disassembled the entire laptop and found a lot of junk accumulated between the fan and the vents in the back of the laptop. The fan still comes on sometimes, but it produces a white or pink sounding noise, instead of various pitches. Thanks for the advice.
+Quote Post
Dj Co2
post Jun 19 2011, 15:41
Post #4

Member No.: 82214

Had the same problem.. Opened my laptop.. Cleaned the fan and its fine now.. Thanks
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 05:57