IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Compiling Musepack on Linux
polemon
post Jan 5 2011, 18:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 68578

Hi, there isn't much documentation on how to get Musepack compiled under Linux.

I'd like to compile it myself, so I've downloaded the source packages:
  • Musepack SV8 libs & tools (r435)
  • libreplaygain (r453)
  • libcuefile (r453)

But I didn't get much further than that.

I did a autoreconf -vif and after running ./configure it seems to run through fine, expect for not finding replaygain.
When running make, I get the error that cuetools/cuefile.h is not found.

Now, I've downloaded both libs with their source codes, but what am I supposed to do with them? should I put them into the musepack_src_r435 directory?
libcuefile doesn't even have a Makefile, should I compile them with gcc manually?

Would be nice to see some better documentation on the build process, or packages that just need:
CODE
./configure
make
make install

In the end, I'd like the Musepack tools and their libs to be compiled and installed, along with libcuefile and libreplaygain.

Cheers,
--polemon

--------------------
-EOF-
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
XQYZ
post Jan 6 2011, 02:09
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 80595

Depending on what distro you're running you'll need -dev packages for the libs which contain the header files. The libs you installed are most likely just binary blobs. Now if you install a binary program the program already has the information compiled into it how to access those libs, but if you want to compile something yourself you're gonna need the header (-dev) files to tell your compiler how the program can access the libs.
So you'll probably gonna want to look into your package manager for -dev packages of the libraries you installed. Otherwise you'll need to fetch the header files (.h, .hpp for C/C++) from the source code yourself and copy them somewhere in the include path of your C/C++ compiler.

Looking at the ebuild for libcuefile I see that libcuefile uses cmake to compile, so you might want to read up on that.

This post has been edited by XQYZ: Jan 6 2011, 02:13
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th December 2014 - 10:04