IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mass ogg to mp3 convert, want to keep original encoding settings
KoolMonkey
post Dec 19 2010, 05:51
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6456

I've been searching for a simple ogg to mp3 encoder for changing over ringtones on my phone. Alot of the source ogg files are all different types, like mono/stereo, 64kb, 128kb etc.

Does anyone know of a program that supports drag + drop file adding, and lets you encode from ogg to mp3 while keeping the original encoding settings? I'm up to trying close to my 20th program and so far must have been basic to just plain bad.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
KoolMonkey
post Jan 4 2011, 02:37
Post #2

Member No.: 6456

There are many benefits to keeping the encoding the same. One is keeping the file sizes to the bare minimum, but still not losing quality. Thus is one file is mono, it stays mono, if it's stereo and a higher bitrate it stays that way.

Keep in mind these are benefits to me, so obviously others may not see things this way. But my original query still stands, in being able to find a program that will convert and have an option to maintain or keep the original settings.
+Quote Post
Soap
post Jan 4 2011, 03:07
Post #3

Member No.: 37767

QUOTE (KoolMonkey @ Jan 3 2011, 20:37) *
Thus is one file is mono, it stays mono, if it's stereo and a higher bitrate it stays that way.

Does forcing mono with a modern VBR encoding save squat in terms of bitrate? You keep coming back to this, but I don't believe the "fear" is warranted.

--------------------
Creature of habit.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st October 2014 - 20:18