IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HDMI Output from Laptop, Understanding Windows 7
tjl5709
post Dec 5 2010, 18:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 48844

This is kinda a hardware and software issue, so I'm trying here first.

I'm trying to understand options to feed my HT/Audio system my ripped CD collection (WAV and FLAC) via a laptop running Win 7 with HDMI output.

I currently use Media Monkey to organize and play my CD's. On my Desktop, I have a sound card that outputs via digital coax, and I use an ASIO driver in MM to bypass Win XP.

I'm now looking to see what I can do with my laptop that runs Win 7. It has the ability to output via HDMI to my HT processor. I've hooked it all up and it plays very well. I like the fact that I can view/control Media Monkey on the HT screen, and use the Milk Drop visualizer when audio is playing. So I want to understand HDMI better.

I have found the drivers for the intel video/audio controller in the laptop that controls the HDMI connection, and can set it up for 24/96 output rates, and the HT DSP recognizes it just fine.

Now the question.

Is Windows 7 taking my digital files, processing (re-sampling) them before it gets fed out on the HDMI connection? I think it is because I can adjust the volume within the program.

I'm trying to figure out if this option can feed my digital files without Windows screwing up the data like I did with my desktop.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 03:14