IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

FLAC - Ogg Vorbis, folder structure, tags, art, Batch convert?
Halk
post Nov 9 2010, 03:12
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25265

I have around 300 albums in FLAC format. They are all tagged correctly with album art and stored in a folder structure Artist/Album on my server.

Sadly DAP players didn't evolve the way I wanted them to, my old Cowon X5L is still the best that I can find! I had expected by now to see TB players etc. So I've given in and I've switched to an Android phone with two memory cards a 16GB and 32GB in it, probably around 40GB of that I'll use for music.

Ogg Vorbis for several reasons is the best thing for me to use, it'd be a lot easier to use FLAC but it's just too large a file size.

I use Foobar2000 to play music, and I'm aware of a way I can use to mass convert to Ogg Vorbis into a new folder structure which works very well. There are two tasks that it doesn't do. It doesn't copy over an image for album art, and it doesn't embed album art into the .ogg file. Either option would work for me, I would prefer the image as the player I use on my phone will use a single image for a folder, but if the only way to do it is embedding the images into the files then so be it.

I'm quite happy with the whole process of converting to Ogg Vorbis, I used to use it and I prefer it over MP3, I'm quite happy with the quality settings and file size trader off etc, the only issue I have is batch converting everything.

Has anyone conquered this problem before and could offer me an easy solution?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 14:44