Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
スラッシュ
post May 2 2011, 23:00
Post #27

Group: Members
Member No.: 64410

QUOTE (grimes @ May 2 2011, 18:28) *
Unfortunately "end of playlist" and "stop after current" causes same stop-reason: "eof", so there ist no possibilty to distinguish.
So you can't use for example "stop after album" and "after last track of playlist jump to next playlist" simultaniously.

Ohh I understand. Is there a way of detecting whether the number you're playing is the same as the total tracks in the playlist, instead? Otherwise, I will just have to remember to switch the one off when I use the other one.

EDIT: Just tested it with scheduler, it does the same behavior you're describing here. So the way I see it, it's better to have your component, since you can turn individual behaviors on and off without having to go into the preferences.

This post has been edited by スラッシュ: May 2 2011, 23:09
+Quote Post
スラッシュ
post May 4 2011, 04:35
Post #28

Just updated the plugin and tried your setting, but there's a couple things that may or may not be fixable, but at least don't correspond with what I'd like... The first thing is, when it skips to the next playlist, playback doesn't always start at the first track. I'm not sure why, it seems to be almost random at which track it starts... Maybe an extra command is needed/desirable, that ensures the playback starts at the first track? It doesn't seem to matter if I turn on cursor follows playback or playback follows cursor, if that helps.

Secondly, when you have a different playlist selected than the one it's playing from, it skips to the next playlist from what you've got selected, instead of the next from where you're playing.

Hope these things are fixable! Thanks for adding this feature, it'll be very useful once these two kinks get ironed out! biggrin.gif

EDIT: I think I figured out what determines which song gets played in the next playlist, it's the song where the playlist got stopped last time. I guess foobar has a per-playlist cursor memory? Anyway it's definitely not what I'd want or expect... laugh.gif In foo_scheduler, you can explicitly tell it to start the next playlist at track 1.

This post has been edited by スラッシュ: May 4 2011, 04:37
+Quote Post
スラッシュ
post May 6 2011, 01:11
Post #29

Just wanted to say the latest version works perfectly. Thanks for the effort!
+Quote Post
irbiz7
post Dec 14 2011, 11:29
Post #30

Member No.: 95426

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....29&hl=pause

Could you make gap length equal length of the track?
+Quote Post
grimes
post Dec 14 2011, 18:42
Post #31

Group: Developer
Member No.: 48701

New Version 3.2, containing
gap length = track length

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....st&p=778971

+Quote Post
irbiz7
post Dec 15 2011, 12:16
Post #32

Member No.: 95426

Working good, feeling excellent. Thanks.
+Quote Post
dida1337
post Feb 11 2012, 21:08
Post #33

Member No.: 96888

I might not be getting something but whenever I choose "Menu| Playback | Control | Stop after album ON" I can't get a tick (as in, I can't seem to select that option). As a matter of fact I can't select any of them except "Menu | Playback | Control | Stop after albums once | 1 - 10 (ON)" and when I select, for example 1, my foobar stops after album is over but only once (that's how this option is supposed to work I think).

So how can I get my foobar to stop after any album gets to the end?
+Quote Post
grimes
post Feb 11 2012, 22:40
Post #34

I've no idea, why this happens. Can't reproduce this.
tick und untick always works.
You can try to reset branch (right click) in Advanced Preferences | Playback | Stop after album
An old installation of stop after album might left older settings.

+Quote Post
Ryre Inc
post Mar 11 2013, 00:04
Post #35

Member No.: 105677

I love this plugin!

Two requests:
Modify the stop after album feature so that when tracknumber = totaltracks -> stop after current only if tracknumber has a non-zero/non-blank value. I am running into a problem where untagged files will stop after each track, since technically tracknumber = totaltracks = "".

My other request is to stop playback when the next track's album title does not equal the current track's album title. I suspect this would be more difficult to implement, as it requires looking at other files besides the one being played at the moment.

Thanks!
+Quote Post
grimes
post Mar 11 2013, 14:24
Post #36

request 1: fixed in 3.5

request 2: There is already a plugin with this functionality. As I can remember, its name is foo_stop_after_current.dll? (Not sure). Its tricky, because first track of next album is played for a few milliseconds before stop.
+Quote Post
Ryre Inc
post Mar 11 2013, 15:05
Post #37

Member No.: 105677

QUOTE (grimes @ Mar 11 2013, 08:24) *
request 1: fixed in 3.5

request 2: There is already a plugin with this functionality. As I can remember, its name is foo_stop_after_current.dll? (Not sure). Its tricky, because first track of next album is played for a few milliseconds before stop.

Wow that was quick! Thank you, I'll try it out when I get home today. I'll have to check out that other plugin as well, that's for the tip.
+Quote Post
SoBizarre
post Sep 9 2013, 12:31
Post #38

Member No.: 109937

Hi,
I was wondering if you would be willing to consider changing Album gap after
CODE
TRACKNUMBER = TOTALTRACKS

to something based on ALBUM field.

As it is now, it doesn't work well in case of multi-disc albums/box sets. It certainly doesn't work for people who prefer to number tracks separately for every disk of the album/set (as you get gap after every disc of the album). I reckon most(???) people number their tracks like this:

But even if we were to change numbering scheme, there is still an issue with adding to a playlist only some discs from an album/set, as we are getting gap after last track of the last disc ONLY. Below is an example - if I add an album to a playlist like shown in the screenshot, I'll get a gap. But if I only want to add first disc (very common in case of albums with bonus discs, where often you want to play original tracks only), there won't be any gap before next album in my playlist.

I believe it would be better to have Album gap only when the next track on playlist has different ALBUM field. It wouldn't of course work in case of wrong ALBUM fields (i.e. when some people incorrectly add 'CD1', 'CD2' and so on to album titles), but then again, who does that?

Anyways, I hope the above make sense. If it does, and you agree with it, AND it's easy for you to change, it would be really great.

Cheers,
SB
+Quote Post
gob
post Oct 29 2013, 00:29
Post #39

Member No.: 7732

Is the option "Stop after album" intended to stop playback after each disc in an album? "After album" would suggest stopping after the last track on the last disc since an album can contain several discs.

For example, I have the album Pink Floyd's The Wall which is a two disc album. The ALBUM field on all tracks is set to "The Wall", the DISCNUMBER field is set to "1" and "2" for their respective discs, and the TRACKNUMBER and TOTALTRACKS are set properly according to the track number and total tracks of each disc. Yet, playback still stops after the last track of each disc.

Is it possible to correct this behavior? foo_stopaftercuralbum seems to do the trick with a little title formatting, but it has a glitch where playback doesn't stop until after a second into the next album. It would be nice to have an option that works properly.

This post has been edited by gob: Oct 29 2013, 00:31
+Quote Post
grimes
post Oct 29 2013, 06:58
Post #40

The option "Stop after album" in foo_stopafteralbum is very simple: TRACKNUMBER = TOTALTRACKS
The plugin uses build-in "Stop after current" of foobar2000.
foo_stopaftercuralbum plays next track, reads in the ALBUM tag of the new track, compares with ALBUM tag of last track and stops after a few milliseconds..
Thats the reason for possible glitches.

There are several ways to tag multidisc albums.
It's impossible to consider all of these.

In your case, there is a possible solution for two-disc albums.
If DISCNUMBER = 1 and TRACKNUMBER = TOTALTRACKS then skip
Of course it fails for three-disc albums, since there is no TOTALDISCNUMBER.

EDIT: By the way, your turntable stops also after every disc!

This post has been edited by grimes: Oct 29 2013, 07:15
+Quote Post
gob
post Nov 1 2013, 09:47
Post #41

I see. That's too bad, I would've liked to use your component instead. Thanks for the answer though.
+Quote Post
marc2003
post Nov 1 2013, 11:33
Post #42

Member No.: 19379

when i want to achieve this kind of functionality, i just drag the selected tracks into a new playlist. you can then dispose of it when it's finished.
+Quote Post
gob
post Nov 2 2013, 07:55
Post #43

It's all good now. I was able to modify grimes' source code to achieve the behavior I expected. Thanks!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 08:47