IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

DVD-Audio Question/ Problem...help?! (mac)
opethfan88
post Sep 4 2010, 18:54
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 83613

Hello to all that read this, I'm new to the site and I joined because I am having an issue (or at least I think so) when I create DVD-Audio discs from DVD-Video discs with 5.1 mixes of a band's album (in my case Opeth). I will explain my process and then share the problem.

Process:

1.Rip DVD-video disc (Opeth albums with 5.1 mixes) but 5.1 ac3 only, no video, dts, or stereo. I rip with OSEx and do the necessary things to extract only the 5.1 AC3.

2. Convert 5.1 AC3 using a52decx to (Dolby) wav..(the question I have relates to this)

3. Author DVD-A and create .iso with the wav files using DVD-Audiofile

4. Burn iso

5. Play in my DVD-A player

I decided to look at the info on my .wav files and it says it only has 2 channels....which is stereo (obviously). When I play them on my DVD-A player, I feel like it should sound a little better. The output options on a52decx are stereo, dolby, individual, (stereo) wav, and (dolby) wav. I chose dolby wav thinking it would maintain the multiple channels. Did I do something wrong? Should I be using a different conversion or ripping software?

I can't author a DVD-A with AC3 files using DVD-Audiofile. Is that how it should be? Can someone show me a process that keeps the 5.1? Again, I'm on a mac. I can run windows 7 on my mac, but that is a last resort. Thank you in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 23:59