IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Software To Recreate LAME Histogram
knarf
post Aug 26 2010, 22:45
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 83395

I'm looking for a way to either capture the histogram that gets created when you do a LAME VBR encode (using 3.98.4 if it matters) or - even better - one that reads a VBR mp3 file created with LAME and then recreates the information in the histogram (the percent at each bit rate, average bitrate, MS / LR percentages, etc.).

I'm a statistics guy, and I feel like I get a lot of information about the way the music is mixed and mastered from the histogram, but it goes away so fast that I don't really get to study it.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
m0rbidini
post Sep 3 2010, 00:47
Post #2

Member No.: 127

Is there anything similar for AAC files?
+Quote Post
romor
post Mar 19 2013, 03:16
Post #3

Member No.: 65630

QUOTE (m0rbidini @ Sep 3 2010, 01:47) *
Is there anything similar for AAC files?

Reviving just to provide some kind of a solution, as Google showed me this thread while I was searching for aac histogram

I found that mp4box can provide bits per sample in nhml (xml human readable format) or nhnt (binary format). More info on gpac portal: http://gpac.wp.mines-telecom.fr/mp4box/med...rt/nhml-format/

So by using for example `mp4box -nhml 1 sample.m4a`, among other things it will create .nhml file with sample by sample bit length (xpath: "/NHNTStream/NHNTSample/@dataLength")

In some scenarios `qaac` can be used with `-S` switch, which will save txt file with exact same data as above only in kbps units

--------------------
scripts: http://goo.gl/M1qVLQ
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd October 2014 - 04:31