IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Links to blind listening tests: discussion, Split from the pinned topic.
Roseval
post Aug 8 2010, 16:27
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 52303

Wow, impressive list. Thanks

Maybe this is a usefull addtion: http://seanolive.blogspot.com/

--------------------
TheWellTemperedComputer.com
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DirtyHarry
post Dec 14 2011, 14:41
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 95763

I am very happy to have recently discovered HA. Especially after some long discussions with friends of mine who insisted that they can hear a difference between FLAC and a high quality MP3, but were not willing to perform a simple blind test. It's a pleasure to see that so much effort is put here into objective blind listening tests.

However, I am surprised to find so little academic research on in this subject. The problem with most ABX tests on this forum is that the number of participants is generally limited and that you are dependent on the equipment of the participants. I find it strange that I can't find any academic research into this subject. I would love to see a test involving a large number of participants, a fixed set of (high quality) audio equipment and proper statistical analysis. With a large number of participants also factors like age (with their differing audible frequency range) could be investigated.

Considering that many codecs originate from academic institutes (i.e. Fraunhofer etc.) I expected that there would be a large number of scientific experiments on the performance of different codecs. However, I cannot find any of them. Am I perhaps looking in the wrong direction?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 13:27