IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

question about ripping rare cd's with errors
Skybrowser
post May 13 2010, 03:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 76815

I'm having trouble ripping a couple of CDs in my collection and I could use some advice on the situation.

I'll use one CD as an example. It is by a local independant artist from years ago, so there is no way i can download it or get a new copy. The CD rips fine other than the first track which has errors and wont rip in secure mode(well the fourth track has trouble too because the test and copy CRC wont match, but the track rips fine at about 99.8% track quality with no errors). The first track plays fine and there are no scratches, so i can only assume that it is just a low quality CD due to the group being independant or the static and silence introduction to the song is confusing EAC into thinking there are errors. As far as i can tell, I have two options for adding this CD to my archive, I can either turn off the option that stops a rip if there are errors and just rip it in secure mode or I can rip it in burst mode: I am wondering which of these 2 options would give me the better rip. Obviously this situation is not ideal, but indie is indie.

Thankyou for your time.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 07:30