IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

XLD: I can't burn my rips: CUE+WAV. Please Help, XLD (and OS X) n00b. Please help!
Bad Tax
post May 5 2010, 11:38
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 80418

I'm a mac OS X and XLD n00b. (Please be patient).

I have ripped a CD with XLD to CUE+WAV and I tried using Burn (Version 2.4.1u) to burn it, but it crashed. I then rippedd a (test) CD single as CUE+AIFF and Burn was able to burn that successfully. So I thought that's the key, use AIFF's instead of WAVs.

But no. I re-ripped the original CD as a CUE+AIFF but Burn just crashed when I tried to burn it. I am beginning to think Burn isn't up to the task.

Does any one have any recommendations for a good, reliable free app that will burn CUE files and WAV/AIFF/FLAC etc (as opposed to BIN)

Thank you
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bad Tax
post May 6 2010, 12:00
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 80418

No, I don't mean for the contents of the CD. I mean the way the CUE sheet is formatted. I believe the term "cue sheet syntax" is used in the wikipedia article.

I would have thought that the cue sheet syntax would be the same in each CUE sheet produced by XLD. And it may well be.... I'm not really sure what a CATALOG number is and so perhaps not every CD has a CATALOG number and that's why XLD omitted it for the CUE sheet on the test CD single? I found it strange that it was included in one CUE sheet but not the other. I've read http://digitalx.org/cuesheetsyntax.php#catalog but I'm not sure if every CD is supposed to have a CATALOG number or not.

This post has been edited by Bad Tax: May 6 2010, 12:02
+Quote Post
db1989
post May 6 2010, 12:51
Post #3

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

QUOTE (Bad Tax @ May 6 2010, 12:00) *
perhaps not every CD has a CATALOG number and that's why XLD omitted it for the CUE sheet on the test CD single?

Precisely. The only fields that are essential are FILE, TRACK and INDEX 01.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 10:13