IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Foobar stalls eating cpu on some mp3 files
Blackwise
post Apr 9 2010, 15:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79727

Foobar stalls eating 50% cpu (one core of my Core2Duo) when I add some of my mp3 files to the playlist. It also stalls on media library scan when it tries to process these files. If I close foobar after this by pressing the close button, it continues eating cpu in the background.

The problem seems to be in foo_input_std.dll. Process Explorer shows that the thread that eats cpu runs functions from this dll.

Mplayer / Windows Media Player plays the files in question without any problems.

I have successfully reproduced the bug on clean installations of foobar 1.0.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2b1.

I'm running foobar on Windows 7 Ultimate x64. If it is needed, I can provide additional information on the hardware I'm using.

One of the files in question can be downloaded here:
http://files.mail.ru/YU99C3

This post has been edited by Blackwise: Apr 9 2010, 15:56
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Peter
post Apr 9 2010, 16:07
Post #2

foobar2000 developer

Group: Admin
Member No.: 84

This is very interesting, thanks for reporting, I'm currently investigating it.
+Quote Post
dhromed
post Apr 10 2010, 11:02
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 51347

I can reproduce it on FB1.0 on XP SP3, by dragging the file from a non-library location (my desktop) to a new playlist.

The Processing dialog will stall. The Abort button becomes a dud, and closing FB's window does not exit the foobar.exe process, which I have to do manually in the process list.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 05:04