IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

DTS Audio CDs
duchski2
post Apr 1 2010, 17:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79512

I searched the web for a definitive answer but still could not find definitive specs for what is called DTS CD i.e. CD encoded with audio in DTS format.

As I understand DTS files are "encapsulated" in wav format so to the CD player thay look like "normal" wav files i.e. 16 bit, 44.1khz etc but then inside the fake wav file is a DTS encoded audio info. Now, what are the specs for the actual DTS stream inside the "wav" file i.e what DTS bit rates, sampling freq. etc are allowed?

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Cavaille
post Apr 3 2010, 02:13
Post #2

Member No.: 30963

Guys, donīt want to intrude here, but DTS-CDs can store 24 Bit / 44.100 Hz. It is perfectly clear in the helpfile of the SurCode DTS encoder. TELARC produced a few discs using this format. And they are "real" compact disc - one can read a bit more at Wikipedia.

--------------------
marlene-d.blogspot.com
+Quote Post
Skelsgard
post Apr 3 2010, 05:08
Post #3

Member No.: 26214

QUOTE (Cavaille @ Apr 2 2010, 22:13) *
Guys, donīt want to intrude here, but DTS-CDs can store 24 Bit / 44.100 Hz. It is perfectly clear in the helpfile of the SurCode DTS encoder. TELARC produced a few discs using this format. And they are "real" compact disc - one can read a bit more at Wikipedia.

Actually, you don't deal with bitdepth when talking about lossy formats that work in the frequency domain.
DTS/AC3/MP3/others really don't have a resolution/bitdepth. They might have a header that contains info about the source but that's all.
Only lossless formats keep the bitdepth.

--------------------
"Screw u guys, Iīm going home."
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st August 2014 - 12:09