IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Grouping albums by various artists, how to?
Bryter
post Mar 28 2010, 12:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 79397

How do i make an album by various artists appear as a single album? I have added the "Album Artist" column and entered the "%album artist%" in the display field. But when i try to arrange albums that have various artists through this column, they appear next to one another but spread out, and i want them to be grouped. Under the artist field i have the correct name of each artist, and under Album artist i have "Various artists". This works on itunes, but not here on foobar.
Any help?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
herojoker
post Mar 28 2010, 15:05
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 46989

Bryter, here is how grouping works:
For every single track a string is generated, according to the grouping scheme. Tracks are grouped together if and only if these strings are equal. So the very first task, when you want to get some desired gruoping, is to find out what combination of tags you should use in the grouping scheme such that the grouping is done as you want it. You can do this completely without a computer, assuming your files are properly tagged. After you have found such a tag combination you can formulate the actual grouping scheme.

This post has been edited by herojoker: Mar 28 2010, 15:06
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 12:31