IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

SoundFont Bank Manager error
cullman
post Jan 27 2010, 19:40
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 77598

i am trying to work with MiDi files and create some sounds, using Creative SoundFont Bank Manager but EVERY time i start up the app i get the error message "SoundFont Bank Manager initialization failed".
i've done tons of searches and even emailed creative tech support (no reply) and can't find anything.

any one know what's going on?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Donaldhix
post Jul 4 2011, 22:59
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 92048

QUOTE (cullman @ Jan 27 2010, 19:40) *
i am trying to work with MiDi files and create some sounds, using Creative SoundFont Bank Manager but EVERY time i start up the app i get the error message "SoundFont Bank Manager initialization failed".
i've done tons of searches and even emailed creative tech support (no reply) and can't find anything.

any one know what's going on?

I found out something with my own Windows 7 computer. I purchased a PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card which has the sound font manager software but got the same message you did. So, I downloaded the Vienna sound font manager from the Creative Labs website and installed it. Imagine the dumb look on my face when it gave me this humanly intelligible error message: There is no soundfont compatible device detected. Please make sure that the device is inserted or installed in your system. I checked the specifications very closely this time. The board does come with software, but it does not have soundfont bank support.
This left me with only one option, which was to purchase another board that does have this capability. They are more expensive but that is the only viable option. I went for the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series PCI Express Sound Card, with Enhanced SoundFont support at up to 24-bit resolution, and 64MB of X-RAM. The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI Express Sound Card is cheaper, but does not have the RAM, and probably uses shared system RAM, although their specifications a very sparse on this "little" detail.
Good Luck!

This post has been edited by db1989: Jul 5 2011, 16:09
Reason for edit: removed failed attempts at formatting; this post has no (and there is rarely any) reason to stray from the defaults
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 18:17