IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Hydrogenaudio Forum Rules

- No Warez. This includes warez links, cracks and/or requests for help in getting illegal software or copyrighted music tracks!
- No Spamming or Trolling on the boards, this includes useless posts, trying to only increase post count or trying to deliberately create a flame war.
- No Hateful or Disrespectful posts. This includes: bashing, name-calling or insults directed at a board member.
- Click here for complete Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service

Reply to this topicStart new topic
[MORE TOS8 CLUELESSNESS] From: WASAPI Output Plugin 'Maiko' (V, From Topic ID: 68972
radi6404
post Jan 22 2010, 15:04
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 77370

I am trying the plugin out right now and it sounds way better than directsound.

This post has been edited by radi6404: Jan 22 2010, 15:08
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rpp3po
post Jan 22 2010, 15:14
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 4961

You should read the TOS before spreading such bullshit. Since Vista DirectSound output at 100% volume is bitperfect. 1s are 1s and 0s are 0s. There is no "better" and "worse", it is identical (as long as you don't enable quality degrading options in you driver's control panel that could be disregarded in the case of ASIO).

A shared mode WASAPI plugin may have other advantages, though. For example, the application can be sure wether its output is left untouched by sample rate conversion, since it has to comply to the bitrate requested by WASAPI.

This post has been edited by rpp3po: Jan 22 2010, 15:46
+Quote Post
radi6404
post Jan 22 2010, 16:20
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 77370

QUOTE (rpp3po @ Jan 22 2010, 15:14) *
You should read the TOS before spreading such bullshit. Since Vista DirectSound output at 100% volume is bitperfect. 1s are 1s and 0s are 0s. There is no "better" and "worse", it is identical (as long as you don't enable quality degrading options in you driver's control panel that could be disregarded in the case of ASIO).

A shared mode WASAPI plugin may have other advantages, though. For example, the application can be sure wether its output is left untouched by sample rate conversion, since it has to comply to the bitrate requested by WASAPI.

I am not looking for bitperfect sound, I am looking for sounded sound, I have way too cheap equipment (400 € speakers and amp) where bitperfect sound would be good, so stop insulting and attacking me personally, next time you insult me I won´t hesitate to insult you back or even report you. I am using Windows 7 and I read the Terms of Service (especially #8), but a lot of people can't afford good soundhardware and have to use 400 € shit instead of 1000€ quality in order to disable all sounding and use bitperfect sound.

This post has been edited by radi6404: Jan 22 2010, 16:26
+Quote Post
lvqcl
post Jan 22 2010, 16:30
Post #4

Group: Developer
Member No.: 49183

QUOTE (radi6404 @ Jan 22 2010, 18:20) *
I am using Windows 7 and I read the Terms of Service (especially #8)

So you "must provide objective support" for your statement. Where is it?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th October 2014 - 14:50