IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

VBR vs. CBR, hardware compatibility wise.....
burn out
post Mar 24 2003, 04:34
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5576

Hi there,
I've been reading my way for about 2 or 3 pages w/o finding the info I hoped to find in this section. I'm just getting started w. MP3 and stuff like that. From the info that I read in the last days, MPC seems to be really cool. But my concern is compatibility. I decided to stick w. MP3 but I'm still unsecure about using the superior VBR pre sets. I don't own a portable MP3 player, even don't have a MP3 compatible CD Player yet.
I will certainly get me some stuff in the next future, so I really need to know about what's commonly awailable on the market. Do these days CD players cover various formats like VBR, MPC, OGG etc. etc.?
I don't have the $$$ to spend on a player that calls for a prize that goes up like a lunar rocket. Wouldn't go for the cheapo stuff either. Is there a consensus about what CD player is a good one for playing the better formats, just like the Technics MK2 represents a good turn table?
Sorry guys if this is a boring one, but I'm just getting started and I want to do it once.....the right way, rather than having to change things on hundreds of files once in a while.
Sorry for the long post

--------------------
[url="http://www.ford-mel-engine.com"]My Forum[/url]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2014 - 07:47