Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Infrasound monitor, any experiances?
2E7AH
post Jan 11 2010, 23:24
Post #1

Group: Validating
Member No.: 53675

I'm approaching my thesis in meteorology (2 final exams to go) and while I originally intended to write simple 1-column prediction model in FORTRAN, I'm considering also including calculation for low frequency acoustic waves.
I won't invent new boundary-layer column model but extend current to calculate propagation of < 12 Hz acoustic waves

Does anyone have any experience with equipment needed for monitoring infrasounds?
Is building microbarograph good choice?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Woodinville
post Jan 12 2010, 20:15
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 18957

QUOTE (2E7AH @ Jan 11 2010, 14:24) *
I'm approaching my thesis in meteorology (2 final exams to go) and while I originally intended to write simple 1-column prediction model in FORTRAN, I'm considering also including calculation for low frequency acoustic waves.
I won't invent new boundary-layer column model but extend current to calculate propagation of < 12 Hz acoustic waves

Does anyone have any experience with equipment needed for monitoring infrasounds?
Is building microbarograph good choice?

A large-diaphram RF condenser microphone with tight seal would probably work splendidly here.

With that, and using some correction in frequency response, you can get down to milliHz.

--------------------
-----
J. D. (jj) Johnston
+Quote Post
2E7AH
post Jan 12 2010, 21:52
Post #3

Group: Validating
Member No.: 53675

I found DIY circuit board, where diaphragm was made with chocolate foil smile.gif and supposedly test went well compared to small diaphragm capsule (Sennheiser MKH 415)

Then I found this, which includes good explanations, simple diaphragm circuit for low freq. and inexpensive A/D converter

Although I'm wondering how to make the diaphragm if I decide to try it, I guess that's it
Thanks for pointing to right direction
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd September 2014 - 06:23