Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
CR-249, How to get it to work
dcowboys107
post Jan 6 2010, 23:10
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 76774

I just got the Crosley CR249 for my birthday and have just tried to play a record on it. I think the needle came broken so I have called to get a replacement but other than that, why won't it even spin when I turn the head over the record and put it down? Also, I bounced the already broken needle on the LP on accident. Will that damage the record at all? I'm already having a crummy experience with this. I've read the manual and everything. Any ideas or suggestions to get me rolling? Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tpijag
post Jan 6 2010, 23:21
Post #2

Member No.: 53637

maybe a slipped belt

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=70774

terry
+Quote Post
dcowboys107
post Jan 7 2010, 04:30
Post #3

Member No.: 76774

Is there anyway to attach this set to a stereo system to make it sound better?
+Quote Post
Knowzy
post Jan 7 2010, 05:31
Post #4

Member No.: 55856

QUOTE (dcowboys107 @ Jan 6 2010, 15:10) *
I just got the Crosley CR249 for my birthday...Is there anyway to attach this set to a stereo system to make it sound better?

No, the problem is the turntable itself, in particular the ceramic cartridge. I posted samples from a CR249 in another thread. Have a listen and I think you'll find it sounds very similar.

I'll give you the same advice I gave someone else on my site: Return it now before it's too late to get a refund!

There are other USB turntables in that price range with a better moving magnet cartridge. Brands include Audio-Technica, Sony (both use aluminum platters- not plastic) and Ion Audio (don't get the portable- more ceramic).

The next jump in sound quality is around $300 where you'll find better analog turntables and DJ USB turntables.
+Quote Post
Arnold B. Kruege...
post Jan 10 2010, 02:05
Post #5

Member No.: 61311

QUOTE (Knowzy @ Jan 6 2010, 23:31) *
QUOTE (dcowboys107 @ Jan 6 2010, 15:10) *
I just got the Crosley CR249 for my birthday...Is there anyway to attach this set to a stereo system to make it sound better?

No, the problem is the turntable itself, in particular the ceramic cartridge. I posted samples from a CR249 in another thread. Have a listen and I think you'll find it sounds very similar.

I'll give you the same advice I gave someone else on my site: Return it now before it's too late to get a refund!

There are other USB turntables in that price range with a better moving magnet cartridge. Brands include Audio-Technica, Sony (both use aluminum platters- not plastic) and Ion Audio (don't get the portable- more ceramic).

The next jump in sound quality is around $300 where you'll find better analog turntables and DJ USB turntables.

Great advice, and happy New Year my friend! ;-)
+Quote Post
Knowzy
post Jan 20 2010, 23:39
Post #6

Member No.: 55856

Thanks! Happy new year to you and the rest of the Vinyl forum.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 21:10