IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Development of ABC/HR for Java, Split from "Closing listening-tests.info"
Sebastian Mares
post Dec 6 2009, 22:53
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6613

BTW, another problem is that schnofler apparently stopped development of ABC/HR for Java, coding something in Silverlight would require an expensive IIS server, and I don't know how to program in Air or Flash or even if those would be suitable for a testing application. ABC/HR has certain limitations and bugs that I don't know how to fix. Last time it didn't work correctly with JRE 1.6 and even with JRE 1.5 it had the problem that on some machines, a click was hearable when playing certain files (it always happened for the same files).

--------------------
http://listening-tests.hydrogenaudio.org/sebastian/
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
stigc
post Jan 4 2010, 22:57
Post #2

Member No.: 18660

QUOTE (Sebastian Mares @ Dec 6 2009, 22:53) *
BTW, another problem is that schnofler apparently stopped development of ABC/HR for Java, coding something in Silverlight would require an expensive IIS server, and I don't know how to program in Air or Flash or even if those would be suitable for a testing application. ABC/HR has certain limitations and bugs that I don't know how to fix. Last time it didn't work correctly with JRE 1.6 and even with JRE 1.5 it had the problem that on some machines, a click was hearable when playing certain files (it always happened for the same files).

If you have the source, i could try fix the errors and missing features.

+Quote Post
Alex B
post Jan 5 2010, 00:05
Post #3

Member No.: 24472

Hi Seb,

I think the latest/best version is actually 052b, here's the source:

http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~bkuckuck/a...a-0.52b-src.zip

I'll search for the jar application and post a link or upload it.

If I recall correctly it is possible to use the program, but not save the results on JRE 1.6.0.x. It works correctly on JRE 1.5.0.x (I have currently the last 1.5 release, 1.5.0_22 installed, but SUN has recently stopped 1.5 support.)

stigc,

After seeing your new release post I actually thought about asking if you could do something about this matter. I'd really appreciate your help. ABC/HR Java is the best comparator and probably the only one that would work in a public listening test.

(BTW, thanks for the new JavaTunes version. I'll post my comments after I have tried it. It looks promising.)

This post has been edited by Alex B: Jan 5 2010, 01:00

--------------------
http://listening-tests.freetzi.com
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 15:07