IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Best output plugin for Mediamonkey, ASIO or something else?
extracampine
post Dec 31 2009, 18:50
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 45592

Hi, I was just wondering on the consensus on the best outut plugin for audio with Mediamonkey.

Currently I use Otachan's ASIO output plugin ver 0.67. I have an external DAC connected to my laptop via firewire cable which in turn inputs to the amp. My questions were; what is the best output plugin for Mediamonkey in terms of sound quality; and if it is ASIO, how can I configure this for gapless playback? The gapless playback option with the Otachan plugin still leaves a short gap between tracks during playback.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
radi6404
post Jan 22 2010, 14:52
Post #2

Member No.: 77370

QUOTE (danhackley @ Dec 31 2009, 18:50) *
Hi, I was just wondering on the consensus on the best outut plugin for audio with Mediamonkey.

Currently I use Otachan's ASIO output plugin ver 0.67. I have an external DAC connected to my laptop via firewire cable which in turn inputs to the amp. My questions were; what is the best output plugin for Mediamonkey in terms of sound quality; and if it is ASIO, how can I configure this for gapless playback? The gapless playback option with the Otachan plugin still leaves a short gap between tracks during playback.

Thanks!

I am interested in that, aswell.
+Quote Post
ojdo
post Jan 22 2010, 15:37
Post #3

Member No.: 31980

Probably the default output method works alright for your needs. ASIO only offers a lower latency (delay) for playback, not necessarily a higher playback quality.

This post has been edited by ojdo: Jan 22 2010, 15:37

--------------------
http://freemusi.cc/
+Quote Post
Juha
post Jan 22 2010, 16:58
Post #4

Member No.: 40610

Does the DAC have native drivers or are you using Asio4All?

Steve Monk's Kernel Streaming output plug-in is another way to get shorten the path between software and hardware. I suppose this does not work properly if your DAC does not have KS compatible drivers.

BTW, there's also another ASIO output plug-in for Winamp available which worked with MediaMonkey as well
- http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/programs/winamp/

Juha
+Quote Post
Canar
post Jan 22 2010, 17:00
Post #5

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2796

I seem to recall that outputs other than the default ones had issues with gapless playback and/or seeking.

--------------------
You cannot ABX the rustling of jimmies.
No mouse? No problem.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2014 - 12:21