IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is it possible to record audio CD in Dolby Pro Logic ?
Toad S
post Jan 2 2010, 23:39
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 76538

I think your going to like Foobar2000 for DPL2 conversions. It will be a one step solution instead of flying around the moon and back. If there is any questions you have about FB2k just ask.

Toad
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
-Tiziano-
post Jan 2 2010, 23:46
Post #27

Member No.: 76179

QUOTE (Toad S @ Jan 2 2010, 23:39) *
I think your going to like Foobar2000 for DPL2 conversions. It will be a one step solution instead of flying around the moon and back. If there is any questions you have about FB2k just ask.

Toad

But ... I'm already using Foobar2000 and it's great ... and the plug in I was talking ( and using ) is AC3/DTS that's on it ... it's woring very well to encode 5.1 into Stereo Dolby Pro Logic II compatible ... it works very fine and rapidly ...

Just I would like to know "if" there is already a similar plug-in to encode 7.1 in stereo Dolby Pro Logic IIx ... that's my aim ...
+Quote Post
-Tiziano-
post Jan 6 2010, 19:31
Post #28

Member No.: 76179

Ok guys, I have the report fro Dolby Labs.

Dolby Pro Logic llx and Dolby Pro Logic llz are matrixing technologies for playback. Encoding content in these technologies is not possible at this point in time.

The DPLll encoders take up to 5 channels of content and create 2-channel soundtracks that can be delivered over any 2-channel medium. DPLllx takes stereo to 5.1-channel soundtracks and expands playback to 7.1 channels. DPLllz takes stereo to 7.1-channel soundtracks and expands playback to 7.1 and 9.1 channels.

Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby TrueHD are the only Dolby technologies that allow the encoding of 7.1+ discrete channels of content but the encoders are presently not as accessible as Dolby Digital encoders

So the research about 7.1 PLIIx is finished here. But I would prefer that you also take notes about this.
Thank you to everybody for your support, patience and help wink.gif

Have a ice continuation on 2010
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 15:33