IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Making a list of all WV files with a deviant compression, using wvunpack?
Fandango
post Dec 17 2009, 17:16
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8353

I'm not very good with DOS batch scripts. The lack of piping text output and the lack of any native text stream processor makes it very hard to achieve what I'm planning to do:

foobar2000 does not support showing the exact encoding profile in Wavpack files. All it shows will be "Wavpack fast", "Wavpack normal"(?) and "Wavpack high". But I want to transcode all Wavpack files to a certain compression level and the problem is that some of my files have already been compressed with those settings but many haven't.

The only tool I know that can show me the actual compression settings is wvunpack.exe. Now if I were using a Linux machine, it be a piece of cake for me to write a shell script that gives me a list of all WV files that do not match my preferred compression. (I need to get a list although I could transcode them right away using the script, but since I have a quad core I'd rather have a multi-threading capable launcher do that, like foobar2000).

So how would I get it done in Windows? I guess it would be very easy with Powershell, although lerning how to use the PS isn't that easy... laugh.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th August 2014 - 07:05