IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Incompatibility with Actual Window Manager, problem with foo_ui_std
Alex Belyakov
post Nov 19 2009, 06:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75081

Hi there,

I'm a developer in Actual Tools. Recently, one of our users reported a strange incompatibility with our Actual Window Manager and foobar2000. It seemed that foobar's main window removed a window subclass, which our hooking library set to provide additional functions.

I've made a small research in fb2k's internals, and it seems that one of functions in foo_ui_std.dll checks GWL_WNDPROC in the main window, and resets it to a default value whenever it changes. In foobar2000 version 0.9.6.9, the function address in foo_ui_std.dll is 1009b570. The corresponding C-like code would be as follows:
CODE
if (m_Wnd && m_WndProcStub && (GetWindowLong(m_Wnd, GWL_WNDPROC) != m_WndProcStub)) {
SetWindowLong(m_Wnd, GWL_WNDPROC, m_WndProcStub);
}
return 1;
If I NOP calling SetWindowLong out of the code, our subclass is not removed from the main window, and all the fb2k's features seem to work fine.
Could you please consider removing or redesigning this part of your UI library, to make those who use both foobar2000 and our products happy? smile.gif

Thank you in advance for considering this.
I can provide any additional technical info, if you need it.

This post has been edited by Alex Belyakov: Nov 19 2009, 06:16
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 22:58