IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Standard test audio tracks
GL1zdA
post Oct 19 2009, 14:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16348

Are there any standard test tracks for audio codecs? I mean something as classic as Lena for testing image processing?

Moderation: Moved from Development - (fb2k) forum.

This post has been edited by Yirkha: Oct 20 2009, 13:29
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
GL1zdA
post Oct 20 2009, 11:59
Post #2

Member No.: 16348

I'm interested in testing 'new' codec implementations (actually testing various lossless algorithms and how they behave with different types of audio data - just for educational use. I managed to make a collection of my own samples, but my thesis supervisor asked me to look for some 'standard samples', if they exist).
+Quote Post
mcbear
post Nov 2 2009, 16:22
Post #3

Member No.: 29435

QUOTE (GL1zdA @ Oct 20 2009, 11:59) *
I'm interested in testing 'new' codec implementations (actually testing various lossless algorithms and how they behave with different types of audio data - just for educational use. I managed to make a collection of my own samples, but my thesis supervisor asked me to look for some 'standard samples', if they exist).

For lossless, I'd consider a hearing test pointless, since you'd be comparing copies of the source file over and over
again -> lossless. File comparison should do the job for that, i.e. to tell if it is really lossless.
Otherwise you'd be judging the quality of the source recording, let it be SQAM or anything else.
Cheers
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 20:16