Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Problem with EAC
Akephalos
post Oct 12 2009, 15:28
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60175

I am currently ripping all my Cds to flac with eac, but there is a problem:

Eac reads out the CDs correctly, this is not the problem but there are two problems that irritate me.
1. Eac detects different gaps, depending on what detection method i use, how can i find out which one is the correct?
2. Eac only reads out my audio Cds with about 2x Speed, this is very slow. I tried to speed it up by setting the speed manually in the configuration, but it doesn't affect anything. My drive is a LG GH22NS40, has anyone the same problems with the drive?
The thing that irritates me about that point is that when i am ripping with foobar it speeds up the discs correctly, you only take about 5 minutes to rip a CD securely while with EAC it takes about 15 Minutes.
Another thing that i wonder about is that EAC is reacting very slow when i am ripping a cd, it takes about 5 seconds to get it to the front when minimized into the taskbar. Why could this be? My PC should be fast enough with a phenom II x3 720 and 4 gb ram.

Anybody got an idea?

This post has been edited by Akephalos: Oct 12 2009, 15:32
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Akephalos
post Oct 13 2009, 15:42
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 60175

QUOTE (twostar @ Oct 13 2009, 15:38) *
You could use burst mode T&C or secure with C2 (if your drive supports it) T&C for CDs not in the AR database.

I don't want to use burst mode, i want to have the secure rips on my hard drive.
I thought the Problem would be an issue with the ASPi driver, but it isnt, in burst mode my drive speeds up properly but in secure mode its incredibly slow and only gets up to about 2.0x speed.
+Quote Post
greynol
post Oct 13 2009, 17:08
Post #3

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 13167

Burst mode with T&C or AR verification, as twostar pointed out, is secure.

--------------------
Your eyes cannot hear.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2014 - 06:47