Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mp3tag v2.44 released (Read 16819 times) previous topic - next topic

Mp3tag v2.44 released

I've released Mp3tag v2.44!

Highlights of the new version include
  • support for cover art for Ogg Vorbis,
  • support for Musepack SV8,
  • new and updated web sources (discogs, Amazon Cover, MusicBrainz),
  • official support for Windows 7,
  • improved support for fields with multiple values, and
  • Amazon API Signing.
There is more to discover in the  Changelog.

You can download the new version from
http://mp3tag.de/en/download.html

Thanks to all who tested the Development Builds and gave feedback on the forums!

Enjoy

Kind regards,
Florian

Mp3tag v2.44 released

Reply #1
New version, woo!  Relentless development. 

Mp3tag v2.44 released

Reply #2
As always thank you - great piece of software 

Mp3tag v2.44 released

Reply #3
I've released Mp3tag v2.44!

Highlights of the new version include

• support for cover art for Ogg Vorbis,

How does the cover art for Ogg work? I didn't see any description on the website or forums.

My understanding was that most media players and taggers hadn't agreed on a common way of doing cover art for Ogg files. Hopefully this support in Mp3tag means that a standard way is emerging.

I'll play around with it tonight and see if Winamp and foobar can read the embedded cover art.

Thanks for all the great work on Mp3tag.

Mp3tag v2.44 released

Reply #4
support for cover art for Ogg Vorbis,

How does the cover art for Ogg work? I didn't see any description on the website or forums.

It's implemented in the recommended way according to the description of VorbisComments available at the XiphWiki VorbisComment: Cover art

Mp3tag v2.44 released

Reply #6
hey that's cool, and html export is also fixed (valid). UTF-8 BOM remains, but it's not such a big problem than the others

Mp3tag v2.44 released

Reply #8
Thanks for the new version, Florian. I like Mp3tag a lot.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.

Mp3tag v2.44 released

Reply #9
Great program.  Thanks!

Mp3tag v2.44 released

Reply #10
Great to know. Great Software thanks.

Mp3tag v2.44 released

Reply #11
Version 2.45a is available.

Mp3tag v2.44 released

Reply #12
Is it possible a native (so not winpack/portableapps solution with external launcher) portable version? (the portable version can be carried around on portable devices, like USB sticks, and runs on any computer directly from the device, without any installation. It doesn't store anything on your system. The application doesn't create any new registry keys and it doesn't create any configuration files in your Windows or application data directory of your user profile).

many thanks