Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tempo changing and Loop Plugin for Musicians
ShockStar
post Aug 12 2009, 06:57
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 72231

Hi, I just recently discovered foobar from the headfi boards and I can't believe I've been missing out on this awesome player. However, as a musician I need a tempo changing and loop plug-in similar to Winamp, and that is the only reason its still even installed. Is there a musicians' loop and tempo-changer plug-in for foobar similar to the Winamp ones? I have searched with no luck on this site. Any help is appreciated thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Aug 12 2009, 08:55
Post #2

Member No.: 6695

"Soundtouch" and "Menu addons" components (provides Repeat A-B control)

This post has been edited by odyssey: Aug 12 2009, 09:03

--------------------
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P
+Quote Post
grimes
post Aug 12 2009, 10:43
Post #3

Group: Developer
Member No.: 48701

Can anyone extract Repeat A-B control from Menu addons, since rest of Menu addons is real garbage (for example: main menu in context menu)
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Aug 12 2009, 12:21
Post #4

QUOTE (grimes @ Aug 12 2009, 11:43) *
Can anyone extract Repeat A-B control from Menu addons, since rest of Menu addons is real garbage (for example: main menu in context menu)

If it really bothers you, why don't you just remove it manually from the Context menu? Preferences > Display > Context Menu

Besides that, it's not possible to extract anything from a binary file - You need source code for that, and it's not available for this component.

--------------------
+Quote Post
q-stankovic
post Aug 12 2009, 18:01
Post #5

Member No.: 31251

QUOTE (odyssey @ Aug 12 2009, 13:21) *
If it really bothers you, why don't you just remove it manually from the Context menu? Preferences > Display > Context Menu

Well, that doesn't really help: everytime a new main menu item is created it will appear in contextmenu. It is daffy enough that then foo_menu_addons adds an entry in the main menu that contains all loaded playlists - so each change (adding playlist, renaming playlist, ...) will result in reappearance of main menu. It is sooo funny to have such a senseless function!
I wouldn't recommend nobody to use two components of acropolis at same time.

--------------------
german support forum: www.foobar-users.de / user: qwert73
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Aug 13 2009, 08:55
Post #6

Oh, he (and anyone else) are free to code their own components if you are not satisfied with what's available, or even use another player that offers such functionality. I'm just reffering to components that would satisfy OP's needs.

Besides, I use plenty of Acropolis' components at the same time and never has problems with them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
grimes
post Aug 13 2009, 10:18
Post #7

I don't know why you are that aggressive. You recommend this plugin (post #2), I dis-recommend (in a constructive way).
So whats your problem? ShockStar can decide to use this plugin or not, he is a free man (as I am)

Back to the facts:
(from fb2k troubleshooter)
The following components found on your system are known to be problematic and should be either uninstalled or updated to their latest versions:

foo_menu_addons.dll : Menu Addons 0.4.1 (SSE)
Reason: Repeated crash reports.

Obviously some people do have problems.

This post has been edited by grimes: Aug 13 2009, 10:21
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Aug 13 2009, 11:48
Post #8

Maybe because you expect anyone else but yourself to do something you want just because you dislike a certain way a component work. Did you even try contacting the author before making this very open demanding request?

I respect people that make components for foobar2000, because all of them are free. They are made by people that offers their free time to work on project that suit other people. I know that it's hard not just to code, but to code properly, so I'm grateful that we have this amount of components that make foobar2000 complete.

Some might have problems with it granted, but I don't, and frankly it's up to one self to figure if he has problems with it. If the argument is to update/duplicate a component because it's simply broken or incompatible that's another matter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Aug 13 2009, 12:14
Post #9

QUOTE (grimes @ Aug 12 2009, 11:43) *
QUOTE (q-stankovic @ Aug 12 2009, 19:01) *
everytime a new main menu item is created it will appear in contextmenu. It is daffy enough that then foo_menu_addons adds an entry in the main menu that contains all loaded playlists - so each change (adding playlist, renaming playlist, ...) will result in reappearance of main menu. It is sooo funny to have such a senseless function!

By the way, the "Main Menu" entry in Context menu was the only thing added to 4.0. You can download 0.3.9.5 without this "senseless garbage" here. (Edit: I have now verified that this version still works with current foobar2000)

Regarding this flaming upon acropolis' work, I still can't grasp why he got banned. At least that's not a constructive way to fix eventual problems in his components.

This post has been edited by odyssey: Aug 13 2009, 12:54

--------------------
+Quote Post
grimes
post Aug 13 2009, 13:46
Post #10

Now I see your point, odyssey. My request could offend acropolis. Didn't know that acropolis is still active and component in development. Also didn't know that source code is not available.
Tested 0.3.9.5. Seems everything ok. fb2k troubleshooter doesn't complain about this version. I don't know why (maybe no one is using this version?).
+Quote Post
q-stankovic
post Aug 13 2009, 17:43
Post #11

Member No.: 31251

odyssey,

it has nothing to do with offending acropolis - it is just a fact that he is the grandmaster in writing banned or problematic components. But not only that: as he was banned he even offered on his blog a component for foobar wich should cancel foobars check of incompatible components. Users on his blog are allowed to call the quality control "nazism" without being admonished. What next?

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=30719

This post has been edited by q-stankovic: Aug 13 2009, 17:46

--------------------
german support forum: www.foobar-users.de / user: qwert73
+Quote Post
2E7AH
post Aug 13 2009, 20:23
Post #12

Group: Validating
Member No.: 53675

QUOTE (odyssey @ Aug 13 2009, 13:14) *
By the way, the "Main Menu" entry in Context menu was the only thing added to 4.0. You can download 0.3.9.5 without this "senseless garbage" here.

Thanks for the link, Main menu - context menu entry was really annoying for me too

I think that Online troubleshooter is enough critic for component authors and surely regular users can keep their thoughts to themselfs without spreading them around when there is no real need
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Aug 13 2009, 22:56
Post #13

QUOTE (q-stankovic @ Aug 13 2009, 18:43) *
as he was banned he even offered on his blog a component for foobar wich should cancel foobars check of incompatible components.

What did you expect? That's exactly my point why developers should not get banned just because some people can't take criticism or whatever the reason was for this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Falstaff
post Aug 15 2009, 13:49
Post #14

Member No.: 37463

QUOTE (grimes @ Aug 12 2009, 10:43) *

done by coding the 'Repeat A-B' feature in my Seekbar (a wsh panel mod) smile.gif

marker A is the green one
marker B is the red one

just drag them to the wanted playback time for start/end to activate the Repeat A-B loop wink.gif

This post has been edited by Falstaff: Aug 15 2009, 13:50

--------------------
http://br3tt.online.fr/
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Aug 15 2009, 14:03
Post #15

That's pretty cool. Can you share the code?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Falstaff
post Aug 15 2009, 14:05
Post #16

Member No.: 37463

QUOTE (odyssey @ Aug 15 2009, 14:03) *
That's pretty cool. Can you share the code?

only after Xchange 3.5.0 release, not before, but it's soon! wink.gif

--------------------
http://br3tt.online.fr/
+Quote Post
grimes
post Aug 15 2009, 14:40
Post #17

Thank you, Br3tt, you are simply a god of coding (is this too much again?).
I like the visualization of the marker....
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 19:52