IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Question regarding Apple Lossless (ALAC) on iPod Classic?
Rontox
post Jul 19 2009, 12:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 69063

I am planning to get an iPod Classic soon, and I also plan to use Apple Lossless on the device for some artists/albums. However, I have been hearing about problems like tracks skipping, and the device going crazy if the files are not encoded in iTunes.

I have been encoding my files in dbPoweramp. Should I re-encode these in iTunes (using the 'Create Apple Lossless version' option) even though it is creating the same file? (lossless so no quality loss whatsoever)

Also, what should I do regarding skipping? Should the aforementioned creation of Apple Lossless files in iTunes instead of dbPoweramp stop it from skipping or not? Also, has new firmware been released to fix all of this so that I don't have to worry about it?

I don't want to buy the iPod and then have to worry about the tracks skipping or messing up the device just because it is Apple Lossless. I already know about the battery life reduction, but since I am also going to be using a lot of lossy as well (HQ lossy) I figured that it wouldn't be significant enough to warrant encoding absolutely everything in lossy for the sake of saving a few hours of battery life.

All help appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 21:28