IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Help With WavPack Tagging
EricPost
post Jul 13 2009, 21:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 69082

I am putting my CD collection to lossless WavPack, and I have a question about the tagging.

Is there any site that has a good tutorial on using the APE tags and what they mean. I went to http://www.wavpack.com/wavpack_doc.html and it explains a lot of the setting but I am still unsure of a few things.

Like in the EAC + WavPack setup guide this forum has

-h %s %d for recommended settings.

I know the -h = high quality but I'm a bit confused over the % signs. I see in that link to WavPack above that -d stands for delete source file but is that the same as %d? And since EAC has a check box to delete source file, does it matter? And I can't find what the %s means.

Now in the EAC = WavPack guide I also see the APE tags

"Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%m"

Now those are pretty self explanitory but I would like to add a comment which says EAC Secure Rip.

Can anyone tell me how to do that?

I have actually Googled around for a guide for APE tags, but I either get software like MP3Tag (which I have and works great, but I'm looking for command line tagging) or actual program with Tagging Apes like Gorillas smile.gif

If anyone has a guide to what these APE tags mean or can direct me, I'd like to read up on that.

Thanks for you help

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Bjossi
post Aug 13 2009, 11:17
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 58352

Not at all sure why it sounds "gay" to you (keyword being 'sounds'), but thanks for the suggestion.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2014 - 14:13