IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Good MPC Tagger, Do you want good MPC Tagger?
xdufek
post Mar 8 2003, 21:22
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5383

Hi,

You can try beta version of Media Tagger with MPC support.
Can read ID3v1, APE1&2, Write APEv2 only. Full FreeDB support and much more.

http://www.volny.cz/media-tagger/download/...d/mt_120rc5.zip
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ddrawley
post Mar 9 2003, 04:26
Post #2

Group: Members (Donating)
Member No.: 3749

Now if it would just let me do ID3V1 and APEV2 on my mp3/mpc/ogg/whatever files.

Seems like there is no program right now that will let me do ID3V1 and APEV2 on an mp3.

Maybe this one will soon.

Thanks,
David
+Quote Post
SometimesWarrior
post Mar 9 2003, 04:55
Post #3

Member No.: 514

QUOTE (ddrawley @ Mar 8 2003 - 07:26 PM)
Now if it would just let me do ID3V1 and APEV2 on my mp3/mpc/ogg/whatever files.

Seems like there is no program right now that will let me do ID3V1 and APEV2 on an mp3.

It seems that Tag will do this. I just tested it on an MP3: I used "--force ape2", then tagged with a 40-character-long Artist field (a test, because ID3v1 would normally truncate a field that long). Put it in Foobar, and the whole artist field shows up. File info shows APEv2 tag formatting.

However, I prefer using Frontah, quite possibly the best encoding frontend on the planet. Unzip it, go to Settings -> Tagging -> Advanced, and tell it to apply APE tags to MP3. Then you can use Frontah's cool GUI to edit tags.
+Quote Post
ddrawley
post Mar 9 2003, 05:18
Post #4

Warrior,

This seems to be a partial solution. I can set fronta up as you described, edit a tag but not change anything. When I save it, voila, I have ID3V1 and APEV2. Heaven. Now, if I could figure how to do it as a batch instead of a file at a time.

I use Tag&Rename most of the time. The ID3V1 comes from FREEDB. I would like to then batch populate the APEV2 tag with the info from ID3V1.

Oh, and I would like fries with that. smile.gif

Thanks,
David
+Quote Post
TURBO
post Mar 9 2003, 05:34
Post #5

Member No.: 1617

Dont waste your time looking. This is the best mass tagger/renamer:
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA014830/en...glish/FlexRena/

Enjoy! B)

This post has been edited by TURBO: Mar 9 2003, 05:50
+Quote Post
ddrawley
post Mar 9 2003, 06:05
Post #6

Turbo,

Thanks for your input. This program has some VERY nice file rename capabilities. It does not seem to support APEV2 tags though.

Thanks,
David
+Quote Post
TURBO
post Mar 9 2003, 06:12
Post #7

Read the history log and you will see that support mpc fully. I use it every day and supports apev2!. Enjoy it! wink.gif

This post has been edited by TURBO: Mar 9 2003, 06:15
+Quote Post
ddrawley
post Mar 9 2003, 06:15
Post #8

Turbo,

The log indicates

"Add the APE format (*.ape, *.mpc, *.mp+) at the music-type of TagRename."

This doesn't indicate V1 or V2, and it does not work for MP3 files.

Thanks,
David
+Quote Post
TURBO
post Mar 9 2003, 06:16
Post #9

OK, on mp3s I think apev2 is not supported, just for mpc and ape. Sorry.

This post has been edited by TURBO: Mar 9 2003, 06:23
+Quote Post
SometimesWarrior
post Mar 9 2003, 09:40
Post #10

QUOTE (ddrawley @ Mar 8 2003 - 08:18 PM)
Warrior,

This seems to be a partial solution. I can set fronta up as you described, edit a tag but not change anything. When I save it, voila, I have ID3V1 and APEV2. Heaven. Now, if I could figure how to do it as a batch instead of a file at a time.

I use Tag&Rename most of the time. The ID3V1 comes from FREEDB. I would like to then batch populate the APEV2 tag with the info from ID3V1.

Frontah does have batch-tagging capability. Go to Settings -> Tagging, and enter the formatting for your filenames. If you have more fields to enter, ones that aren't in the filename, double-click the "Additional tag items" box below the filename formatter, and enter your custom tags. Then go back to the main window and choose "Tagging" from the leftmost menu icon-set.

I'm also a fan of Tag&Rename; I like its interface and its ease-of-use, and I used it to organize my big MP3 collection. I also use Tag often, because it's quick to use from the command-line and pretty powerful.
+Quote Post
SometimesWarrior
post Mar 9 2003, 09:55
Post #11

QUOTE (ddrawley @ Mar 8 2003 - 08:18 PM)
The ID3V1 comes from FREEDB. I would like to then batch populate the APEV2 tag with the info from ID3V1.

I'm not sure how the tagging programs use CDDB/FREEDB with MP3's; I thought you could only use those programs when you had the original CD. Anyway, perhaps one solution would be to make big long filenames for all your files, with the filename including all the data you need to tag the file. Example: Artist - Album (Genre/Year) - Tracknumber - Title.mp3. Then you can use Frontah, or Tag, or whatever, using that filename structure, to tag all your files at once. If you're just now ripping your MP3's, this strategy might be quick and easy.
+Quote Post
ErikS
post Mar 9 2003, 14:36
Post #12

Member No.: 247

QUOTE (SometimesWarrior @ Mar 9 2003 - 09:55 AM)
I'm not sure how the tagging programs use CDDB/FREEDB with MP3's; I thought you could only use those programs when you had the original CD.

To use FreeDB you need to calculate a hash value from the offsets of the tracks and their total length. So if you just can guess the offset of the first track it is easy to calculate the hash exactly from OGG:s or MPC:s. MP3 is a bit more tricky since it adds a number of samples when you compare the decoded file with the original.

I believe that most cd use the minimum offset possible for the first track, so guessing that doesn't have to be so difficult either. But I'm not very sure on this part.

I think it would be interesting to have a feature like this in TAG. How do you think?
+Quote Post
ddrawley
post Mar 13 2003, 03:27
Post #13

Sometimes Warrior,

I may have to name a child after you. That was the last piece of the puzzle. I had already changed the option to put both ID3V1 and APEV2 tags on MP3 files, but i didn't do the obvious. Hit the BIG icon up top. Thanks man.

Peace,
David
+Quote Post
SometimesWarrior
post Mar 13 2003, 03:48
Post #14

Wow ddrawley, that's quite an honor! sleep.gif

You're welcome! I noticed that Frontah doesn't always have the most obvious interface (I figured out how to use it mostly by accident), but once you get it, it's very quick and easy.

@ErikS: thanks for the FreeDB explanation. This would indeed be a neat feature for Tag, although it doesn't seem like it would be a trivial feature to add... but how would I know, I'm no programmer. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by SometimesWarrior: Mar 13 2003, 03:54
+Quote Post
Jeova69
post Mar 13 2003, 07:40
Post #15

Member No.: 5137

I love

Dapyx

Try it!

g

--------------------
Jeova69

I've never met anyone who tried a joint but
didn't inhale.
(H. Marks)
+Quote Post
Tihsamikah
post Mar 18 2003, 12:27
Post #16

Member No.: 5563

after asking the author of Tag & Rename he stated to me that after the final release of version 3, that he is working on APE v2 Tags for MPC files, and it will be in the next release after the final of version 3 smile.gif
+Quote Post
Sethur
post Mar 20 2003, 20:23
Post #17

Member No.: 5406

I wrote a email to the author of Flexible Renamer, who corrected a bug that read the wrong track number (real track number + 1) from APEv2 Tags. Now everything works fine (v.7.20) and FlexRename is my program of choice for renaming mpc files according to their APEv2 tags.
+Quote Post
Xenion
post Mar 20 2003, 20:38
Post #18

Member No.: 2107

tag.exe is the best TAGGER (not renamer) i think. it just does anything
+Quote Post
xdufek
post May 29 2003, 10:49
Post #19

Member No.: 5383

Hi,
new beta version of Media Tagger is released.

If you have intrest You can download from:
http://www.volny.cz/media-tagger/download/...agger_130b1.zip
+Quote Post
rpop
post Jun 10 2003, 22:52
Post #20

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 6718

I don't think Frontah is as good a frontend as the MPC Batch Encoder when it comes to musepack because it only lets you choose -q4.0 through -q7.0 and doesn't let you add other options like --xlevel. Or is there a way to do this that I haven't found?

--------------------
[url=http://noveo.net/ph34r.htm]Happiness[/url] - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.
+Quote Post
mrosscook
post Jun 10 2003, 23:52
Post #21

Member No.: 4077

rpop,

When you activate the Musepack button at the upper left of the Frontah window, you'll see a dropdown menu on the right labeled "Additional parameters"; you can type any command in there that you like, provided that your version of mppenc will accept it. In my experience, settings typed in there will supersede the quality slider setting, and "--xlevel" can be added.

If you want to check after encoding that everything went OK, just look at your stderr file. I typically redirect it in Settings > General to a file named EncodeLog.txt.
+Quote Post
atici
post Jun 11 2003, 05:22
Post #22

Member No.: 1367

The only reason I use separate tagger is because of non-ANSI UNICODE characters. And Case's tag does not support them sad.gif What's the best tagger that supports UNICODE? I use Foobar to tag my mpc files...

--------------------
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
+Quote Post
Gloomy
post Jun 14 2003, 12:10
Post #23

Member No.: 6140

I live OrlSoft MPeg eXtension aka OSMPX.
Try it! wink.gif

--------------------
mp3 must die!
+Quote Post
Guest_panzemeyer_*
post Jun 16 2003, 07:25
Post #24

Guests

QUOTE (Tihsamikah @ Mar 18 2003 - 01:27 PM)
after asking the author of Tag & Rename he stated to me that after the final release of version 3, that he is working on APE v2 Tags for MPC files, and it will be in the next release after the final of version 3 smile.gif

Great news! i really love this program, no other tagger is as powerful as Tag&Rename. Its only misgiving is that... it doesn't support mpc and ogg. But that is repaired, all good smile.gif

This post has been edited by panzemeyer: Jun 16 2003, 07:25
+Quote Post
Tihsamikah
post Apr 25 2004, 23:37
Post #25

Member No.: 5563

QUOTE (Tihsamikah @ Mar 18 2003, 03:27 AM)

well finally Tag and Rename supports APE v2 Tags smile.gif
I redid my entire mpc collection last night and it now looks all sweet smile.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 23:25