IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ceramic Cartridges and RIAA Equalization, Plus: Sneak preview of Knowzy samples page
Knowzy
post Apr 26 2009, 20:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 55856

The upcoming page* showcasing the USB turntables samples I've been posting put a renewed focus on ceramic cartridges. This caused me to update the case against ceramic carts in the turntable guide.

I added a new section on RIAA equalization and would appreciate a review for technically accuracy. In particular, I would like you to pick apart this declaration:

QUOTE (USB Turntable Guide)
Ceramic cartridges don't require a pre-amplifier yet still approximate the RIAA curve. You might say that ceramic cartridges equalize the audio signal organically: They rely on their chemical composition to implement the RIAA curve.

Am I over simplifying? Are there capacitors or other components down the line that also affect the equalization of the signal or is it truly all in the cart itself?

As always, I appreciate your insights.

-Jeff

* Sneak preview. This is the only link on the Internet leading to that page.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Knowzy
post May 3 2009, 22:31
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 55856

QUOTE (Arnold B. Krueger @ May 3 2009, 03:50) *
Knowzy, your smarts. energy and dilligence really impresses me and I wish you the best!

Thanks. That means a lot.

And please call me Jeff. There may come a time when Knowzy (the magazine) and Jeff (the person) are not one and the same. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd August 2014 - 17:29