IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How do I duplicate the old "Copy info between files"?, Missing this option badly!
odyssey
post Apr 12 2009, 02:08
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6695

After the removal of "Copy info between files", the recommendation were to make selection in properties dialog and use copy/paste. I thought this was somewhat intelligent (matching customized field-names), however it doesn't sad.gif

If my destination files does not have the exact same fields, it doesn't appear logical to me how I should transfer them with copy/paste. If I paste fields on a selection in the destination properties they just overwrite the contents of the field-names (I kind of expect that behavior, as it could really come in handy in other schenarios). Nothing is pasted without selections, so if my destination has no custom fields at all, nothing is pasted.

Am I missing an option here??? What should I do to copy info the same way I did before? I used this function often and would like to continue doing it in a similar easy way.

I also miss a way to compare all (or specified) fields on the source and destination files prior to applying at least in some similar way that masstagger did. I know you have the edit-matrix from properties, but it only displays the item (and it's not clear to me if this is possible to change). Also this method is tedius compared to the old masstagger-way.

Why was this function removed? Would it still be deprecated as a 3rd party component?

--------------------
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Frank Bicking
post Apr 12 2009, 02:22
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2776

Nothing is pasted without selections, so if my destination has no custom fields at all, nothing is pasted.

Use "paste fields" instead of "paste" (from the Tools menu, or right-click below the fields).
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Apr 12 2009, 02:36
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 6695

Ah wink.gif

--------------------
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P
+Quote Post
shakey_snake
post Apr 12 2009, 02:52
Post #4

Group: FB2K Moderator
Member No.: 37036

Full explanation:
How to transfer tags between two sets of tracks

This post has been edited by shakey_snake: Apr 12 2009, 02:53

--------------------
elevatorladylevitateme
+Quote Post
2E7AH
post Apr 12 2009, 13:07
Post #5

Group: Validating
Member No.: 53675

that is 5 steps compared to only one with the former command
maybe it's function is redundant, but i also used that command a lot and "properties > tools > copy info between files" could be nice addition
+Quote Post
Frank Bicking
post Apr 12 2009, 15:13
Post #6

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 2776

QUOTE (2E7AH @ Apr 12 2009, 14:07) *
that is 5 steps compared to only one with the former command

Well, that depends on how you number them. Might as well say:

Step 1: Open properties of source tracks, select all, copy.
Step 2: Open properties of target tracks, optionally select and remove all fields, paste fields.

In my opinion, that is not more or less complicated than having to add all source and target tracks to a single playlist in the correct order first, whereas you can independently select them from anywhere now (playlist, album list, library search etc.).

This post has been edited by Frank Bicking: Apr 12 2009, 15:17
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 17:41