Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

TAK 1.1.1
TBeck
post Mar 12 2009, 23:43
Post #1

TAK Developer

Group: Developer
Member No.: 29051

Final release of TAK 1.1.1 ((T)om's lossless (A)udio (K)ompressor)

This version brings support for MD5 checksums, an option to lower the process priority and compression improvements for some files.

It consists of:

- TAK Applications 1.1.1.
- TAK Winamp plugin 1.1.1.
- TAK SDK 1.1.1.
- TAK Decoding library 1.1.1.

Download

Download the archive in the upload section: TAK 1.1.1

What's new

New Features:

- In very rare cases the presets -p3 and -p4 could compress much worse than the lower presets. A new filter in the encoder will nearly eliminate this annoying effect. It can also increase the average compression by a tiny (<= 0.05 percent) amount.
- Creation and verification of MD5 checksums of the raw audio data. The file info command can show you the MD5.
- Option to lower the process priority. Nice for background processing.

Improvements:

- Up to 9 KB smaller binaries. Although i have removed a lot of the assembler optimizations, the speed is still very close to the previous version.
- Further clean up of the Code.

Modifications:

- Support for seek tables removed. The new version will neither add seek tables to newly encoded files nor use seek tables contained in files created with older program versions. Important: Seeking in files without seek table is only supported since V1.1.0. Please update the WinAmp plugin and/or the decoding library for full seeking support in media players.
- There is a new metadata object which contains position and size of the last frame in the stream. This info is useful for seeking and tag detection.

Known issues:

- If you use pipe decoding and the application reading the pipe is beeing terminated before the whole file has been read, TAKC may get into an endless loop and has to be manually killed with the task manager. I don't think this is a big issue but i will try to fix it in one of the next versions. BTW: Big thanks to shnutils for testing the pipe decoding!
- There seem to be some compatibility issues with pipe decoding to some other applications ("crc1632.exe" has been reported). I will try to fix it in the next release.

More information

You may find some useful information in the beta thread.

Plans for V1.1.2

I will soon open a thread for the TAK 1.1.2 development.

Have fun...

Thomas

This post has been edited by TBeck: Mar 12 2009, 23:50
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 21:20