Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Multiple (30ish) headphone jack splitter
mr soft
post Mar 2 2009, 16:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 44392

Hi all
A friend of mine is a music teacher in a local school.
He asked if I could set up something like 30 sets or so, of headphones for him and it got me wondering.
Is there something like this available to purchase, or would i I have to make one.
Or any other suggestions as to connect this amount of headphones to one input is also welcome.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
DVDdoug
post Mar 3 2009, 02:19
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 46454

Is there any type of bluetooth setup? I imagine 30 or so headsets could be like fishing line when it comes time to collect them.
Good point... Unless you hard-wire each desk (under the floor or from overhead) he's going to have big mess and a trip-hazzard.

With wireless, there will be lots of batteries to replace or re-charge. I just did a quick Google search, and you can find bluetooth transmitters and headphones. I don't know enough about bluetooth, but usually each device has its own transmitter and its own channel, and I don't know if you can use it for local "broadcast". (Your headset doesn't normally pick-up someone else's cell phone conversation.)

I've also seen wireless IR headphones (my mother used to have a pair) and wireless RF headphones. Of course, you'd only need one transmitter.

I also found this at Sennheiser
Q: Can I use multiple headphones with one transmitter?

A: Yes! Simply order the add on headset for your system, specified below:

RS100 --- > HDR120
RS110 --- > HDR120
RS115 --- > HDR120
RS120 --- > HDR120
RS130 --- > HDR130
RS140 --- > HDR140

A sole transmitter is not available separately.

Besides the initial cost, I'd be a little worried about damage and loss (theft).

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st November 2014 - 13:39