IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

alt preset extreme -m s ??
juglesh
post Jan 10 2002, 23:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 978

just wanted to make sure this command line was ok. no conflict or anything? I assume i could use -m s with preset standard as well?

thanks,
juglesh
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
JohnV
post Feb 18 2002, 15:11
Post #2

Group: Developer
Member No.: 6

Originally posted by Wombat
Only used in conjunction with nssafe values for example it seems to be the reason for added noise in some situation, but it still has much less possibilities to fail than real ms.
I guess you are referring to clips like sophia2.wav. In my opinion the actual problem with it using APS is not anything joint stereo threshold related. You can make it slightly better or worse by changing nsmsfix (m/s switching criterion) or mid/side masking threshold (internally), but it's not really the root or the answer of this problem. The problem is simply too low resolution because of one or various other reasons.

Essentially the same problem exists whether all the frames in problem sections are LR-coded or M/S-coded. Tweaking nsmsfix or internal m/s-masking threshold to be more or less sensitive is not the total cure in this case, though it's possible some tweaking might be part of the solution. But it really should do much better even with full LR-coding.
Just adding -Z makes it much better (and is still practically m/s-coded) than adding -ms alone.

--------------------
Juha Laaksonheimo
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 16:11