IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Do any budget computer speakers stand out?
WellPaidScientis...
post Nov 18 2008, 00:37
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18006

I'm looking for a set of 2.1 computer speakers in the sub-$100 range, and I was wondering if there are any models that are particularly good relative to the competition. They are going to be a gift for someone who is not into high-end audio. They will be mainly used for casual music listening (definitely no ABX'ing!).

For example, for those familiar with headphones, the Koss KSC50's sound great for only $20. In other words I am looking for the Koss KSC50 of computer speakers.

Alternatively, does anyone know any good sites that might have a guide to the best speakers for different price ranges, similar to the way head-fi.org has guides for the best headphones in different budget ranges?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
thundat00th
post Nov 18 2008, 01:18
Post #2

Member No.: 58234

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-Multim...7423&sr=1-2

seem to have good reviews, id say any speaker by creative or logitech or any other pc peripheral company would fit the bill

--------------------
My $.02, may not be in the right currency
+Quote Post
WellPaidScientis...
post Nov 18 2008, 01:53
Post #3

Member No.: 18006

QUOTE (thundat00th @ Nov 17 2008, 20:18) *
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Labs-Multim...7423&sr=1-2

seem to have good reviews, id say any speaker by creative or logitech or any other pc peripheral company would fit the bill

Thanks for the input, but to be fair it's impossible for "any speaker by creative or logitech or any other pc peripheral company" to be "particularly good relative to the competition." Just like it's impossible for everyone in the world to be above average.
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th July 2014 - 22:54