IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
"Undoing" AutoCapitilise ?
odyssey
post Nov 9 2008, 19:20
Post #26

Group: Members
Member No.: 6695

QUOTE (Lyx @ Nov 8 2008, 03:09) *
P.S.:

Doing such replacement operations for MC can result in false matches, because there IS an abbreviation which is capitalized as "Mc". You dont want "Mc Donalds" turned into "MC Donalds", right? For that case, better do a manual DB search and then apply a fix to handselected set of tracks.

I took that into account by replacing any Mca > McA, Mcb > McB etc. Ugly, but very good!

For anyone interested, this is what I do:

CODE
$replace($caps2(%title%),'[','(',']',')',N''',n''','''N,'''n,'''N''','''n''', ?,?, !,!,  , ,Inch,",Th ,th ,Feat.,feat.,Feat ,feat. ,Featuring ,feat. ,Ft ,feat. ,Ft. ,feat. ,Versus ,vs. ,Vs , vs.,Vs.,vs.,Pres.,pres.,Pres ,pres. ,Presents ,pres. ,Present ,pres. ,Meets ,meets ,Van ,van ,Von ,von ,Mc ,MC ,Dj,DJ,A ,a ,An ,an ,The ,the ,And ,and ,But ,but ,Or ,or ,Nor ,nor ,At ,at ,By ,by ,For ,for ,From ,from ,In ,in ,Into ,into ,Of ,of ,Off ,off ,On ,on ,Onto ,onto ,Out ,out ,Over ,over ,To ,to ,Up ,up ,With ,with ,Mca,McA,Mcb,McB,Mcc,McC,Mcd,McD,Mce,McE,Mcf,McF,Mcg,McG,Mch,McH,Mci,McI,Mcj,McJ,Mck,McK,Mcl,McL,Mcm
,McM,Mcn,McN,Mco,McO,Mcp,McP,Mcq,McQ,Mcr,McR,Mcs,McS,Mct,McT,Mcu,McU,Mcv,McV,Mcw,McW,Mcx,McX,Mcy,McY
Mcz,McZ)

It also does it best, lowercasing all words that shouldn't be uppercased smile.gif

--------------------
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mar2zz
post Nov 9 2008, 20:20
Post #27

Member No.: 46810

What is the order of process in your string, odyssey?
Caps2 capitalizes every first letter in a word, but then you replace every To with to, With with with ^^...

Does it recognize a song titled With You, where With should stay capitalized?

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whoj6BOSfE4 (foob.fm)
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Nov 9 2008, 22:27
Post #28

QUOTE (Mar2zz @ Nov 9 2008, 20:20) *
What is the order of process in your string, odyssey?
Caps2 capitalizes every first letter in a word, but then you replace every To with to, With with with ^^...

Does it recognize a song titled With You, where With should stay capitalized?

It capitalizes first letter on all words, and corrects words that should stay lowercase.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Purple Monkey
post Nov 10 2008, 00:13
Post #29

Member No.: 22962

I think Mar2zz meant that if you have the title "into the breach" it should become "Into the Breach" not "into the Breach." i.e the first letter should always be capitalised.
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Nov 10 2008, 09:36
Post #30

I see it now. It's true with the string I posted, but the one I use is a little more complicated and takes that into account smile.gif I'll post it later maybe wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mar2zz
post Nov 10 2008, 11:17
Post #31

Member No.: 46810

That could be solved with nesting your string inside $caps($left(%title%,1) if I am correct.

like this:
CODE
$caps($left($replace($caps2(%title%),'[','(',']',')',N''',n''','''N,'''n,'''N''','''n''', ?,?, !,!,  , ,Inch,",Th ,th ,Feat.,feat.,Feat ,feat. ,Featuring ,feat. ,Ft ,feat. ,Ft. ,feat. ,Versus ,vs. ,Vs , vs.,Vs.,vs.,Pres.,pres.,Pres ,pres. ,Presents ,pres. ,Present ,pres. ,Meets ,meets ,Van ,van ,Von ,von ,Mc ,MC ,Dj,DJ,A ,a ,An ,an ,The ,the ,And ,and ,But ,but ,Or ,or ,Nor ,nor ,At ,at ,By ,by ,For ,for ,From ,from ,In ,in ,Into ,into ,Of ,of ,Off ,off ,On ,on ,Onto ,onto ,Out ,out ,Over ,over ,To ,to ,Up ,up ,With ,with ,Mca,McA,Mcb,McB,Mcc,McC,Mcd,McD,Mce,McE,Mcf,McF,Mcg,McG,Mch,McH,Mci,McI,Mcj,McJ,Mck,McK,Mcl,McL,Mcm
,McM,Mcn,McN,Mco,McO,Mcp,McP,Mcq,McQ,Mcr,McR,Mcs,McS,Mct,McT,Mcu,McU,Mcv,McV,Mcw,McW,Mcx,McX,Mcy,McY
,Mcz,McZ),1)

This post has been edited by Mar2zz: Nov 10 2008, 11:22

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whoj6BOSfE4 (foob.fm)
+Quote Post
odyssey
post Nov 10 2008, 13:21
Post #32

AFAIR, that's exactly what I'm doing. The reason it's not included in my previous post, is that I put this in a variable before further processing smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lyx
post Nov 10 2008, 18:39
Post #33

Member No.: 7609

Coming soon to a screen near you:

From the people who brought you panels mayhem...

FOO_TITLEFORMATTING-DICTIONARY.DLL

Now with $div(100,$div(11,4))% more insanity!
+Quote Post
foorious
post Nov 16 2008, 03:34
Post #34

troll / ban evasion

Group: Banned
Member No.: 52991

Hi everyone,

Just a few words to say that unless I'm mistaken, some of the above-mentioned words should in fact be capitalized, and some others shoudl'nt. Here are a few examples according to Wikipedia :

[should] Off : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_off_the_search
[shouldn't] On : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Come_on_over
[should] Up : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_Up_Little_Susie
[should] Meets : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_than_mee...on_1_.281984.29

Here's my own Masstagger script for the whole job on the %title% tag field (feel free to change %title% to whatever you like). It may not be optimized, but I've been using it for some months and it performs beautifully. Here it is:

CODE
* Action to perform      : "Format value from other fields"
* Destination field name : TITLE
* Formatting pattern     : $caps2(%title%)

* Formatting pattern     : [$if($strchr(%title%, ),$replace(%title%,'  ',' ',' By A ',' by a ',' For A ',' for a ',' In A ',' in a ',' Of A ',' of a ',' On A ',' on a ',' A ',' a ',' To An ',' to an ',' An ',' an ',' And The ',' and the ',' And ',' and ',' As ',' as ',' At The ',' at the ',' At ',' at ',' By The ',' by the ',' By ',' by ',' But ',' but ',' For The ',' for the ',' For ',' for ',' From A ',' from a ',' From The ',' from the ',' From ',' from ',' In A ',' in a ',' In An ',' in an ',' In The ',' in the ',' In ',' in ',' Into ',' into ',' Nor ',' nor ',' Out Of A ',' out of a ',' Out Of The ',' out of the ',' Out Of ',' out of ',' Of A ',' of a ',' Of The ',' of the ',' Of ',' of ',' On The ',' on the ',' On ',' on ',' Onto ',' onto ',' Or The ',' or the ',' Or ',' or ',' To The ',' to the ',' With The ',' with the ',' The ',' the ',' To ',' to ',' With ',' with '),%title%)]

* Formatting pattern     : [$if($strchr(%title%, ),$left(%title%,$sub($len(%title%),3))$replace($right(%title%,3),' by',' By',' in',' In',' of',' Of',' on',' On',' or',' Or',' to',' To'),%title%)]

* Formatting pattern     : [$if($strchr(%title%, ),$left(%title%,$sub($len(%title%),4))$replace($right(%title%,4),' for',' For',' out',' Out'),%title%)]

* Formatting pattern     : [$if($strchr(%title%, ),$left(%title%,$sub($len(%title%),5))$replace($right(%title%,5),' into',' Into',' from',' From',' with',' With'),%title%)]

* Formatting pattern     : [$if($strchr(%title%, ),$replace(%title%,'Best of','Best Of','- the ','- The ',': the ',': The ','& the ','& The '),%title%)]

Like I said, it may not be optimized... but it works. Feel free to remove all relevant ' if you wish. I like them.

EDIT - small improvement (' As ')

This post has been edited by foorious: Jan 12 2009, 15:52
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 11:38