Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Noise on my speakers when laptop is AC powered
PaJaRo
post Oct 12 2008, 22:59
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 54275

Hello,
I'm using a laptop with an Edirol UA-1Ex usb sound card, when my computer is plugged to AC I hear some noise on the speakers, I thought it could be due the unbalanced outputs, so I tried to put the cables far from the AC adapter, but the noise stills. Moreover when I do something cpu intensive tasks I hear more noises (while cpu is working hard). If the AC adapter is unplugged I don't hear any noises.
I want to know if using a balanced outputs will solve the problem, or any other suggestion.
Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
uart
post Oct 13 2008, 13:13
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 18295

QUOTE (PaJaRo @ Oct 12 2008, 13:59) *
Hello,
I'm using a laptop with an Edirol UA-1Ex usb sound card, when my computer is plugged to AC I hear some noise on the speakers, I thought it could be due the unbalanced outputs, so I tried to put the cables far from the AC adapter, but the noise stills. Moreover when I do something cpu intensive tasks I hear more noises (while cpu is working hard). If the AC adapter is unplugged I don't hear any noises.
I want to know if using a balanced outputs will solve the problem, or any other suggestion.
Thanks in advance.

Hi PaJaRo, before you spend any moeny on it you might want to try my very simple "fix".

I've seen situations similar to yours and the following usually makes the situation a lot better. It's obviously not a full fix but it may just make the situation tolerable. If it seems too simple and you think it cant work then give it a try anyway since it's free.

Turn all the volume sliders on your computer (software mixer and media player volume controls etc) up to maximum and turn down the volume control acordingly on your amplifier (or amplified speakers). In the case that you listen through headphones then you do the same thing and get an in-line volume control for the headphones to adjust the volume back down to an appropraite level. You'd be amazed at how much this simple advice reduces that annoying audio noise that some systems have.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th November 2014 - 19:13