IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Can WavPack handle memory stream data?, or does it have to be file stream?
siyi
post Aug 12 2008, 04:15
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 56982

I couldn't find any specific instruction in the lib_use.txt about how to handle memory stream data. I would like to know if the library supports memory streams. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
bryant
post Aug 12 2008, 05:27
Post #2

WavPack Developer

Group: Developer (Donating)
Member No.: 900

Yes, memory streams are supported.

For decoding WavPack files, use the WavpackOpenFileInputEx() function. The callback functions provided by the WavpackStreamReader can get the WavPack data from anywhere (and they don't have to implement "seek" unless you want to be able to seek in the audio playback).

For encoding WavPack files, you again provide a callback function that will accept the completed WavPack blocks and can do with the data whatever it wants.

Hope this is what you were after... smile.gif
+Quote Post
siyi
post Aug 12 2008, 08:30
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 56982

QUOTE (bryant @ Aug 11 2008, 21:27) *
Yes, memory streams are supported.

For decoding WavPack files, use the WavpackOpenFileInputEx() function. The callback functions provided by the WavpackStreamReader can get the WavPack data from anywhere (and they don't have to implement "seek" unless you want to be able to seek in the audio playback).

For encoding WavPack files, you again provide a callback function that will accept the completed WavPack blocks and can do with the data whatever it wants.

Hope this is what you were after... smile.gif

Thanks you for the swift reply. I'll experimenting around and come back if I got more questions. tongue.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 16:16