IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

On-the-fly burning FLAC to audio CDs, Any advantages to one method over another?
gottogo99
post Jun 25 2008, 13:19
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 42452

I'm aware of 3 methods of burning audio CDs from FLAC files immediately, without converting to .wav first:

1. Use fb2k with burninate plugin. Requires full Nero installation.
2. Use Nero with Mausau audio plugin.
3. Use ImgBurn with dsp-worx DirectShow filter.

I assume these all give the same result. Any advantages to one method over another? For example, the Mausau plugin is based on FLAC 1.1.0 which is pretty old. Will that eventually not work with newer versions of FLAC?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Seiitsu
post Jun 25 2008, 14:13
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 40026

QUOTE (gottogo99 @ Jun 25 2008, 14:19) *
I'm aware of 3 methods of burning audio CDs from FLAC files immediately, without converting to .wav first:

1. Use fb2k with burninate plugin. Requires full Nero installation.
2. Use Nero with Mausau audio plugin.
3. Use ImgBurn with dsp-worx DirectShow filter.

I assume these all give the same result. Any advantages to one method over another? For example, the Mausau plugin is based on FLAC 1.1.0 which is pretty old. Will that eventually not work with newer versions of FLAC?

There is a fourth method which is EAC and AutoFLAC( http://legroom.net/software/autoflac ).

FLAC 1.2.0 was supposed to allow for code changes that may along the line break backwards compability which would render older decoders unable to decode files encoded with encoders after that change, as far as I know that has not happened yet as I've had no issues with decoding FLAC 1.2.1-encoded files in any program.

This post has been edited by Seiitsu: Jun 25 2008, 14:14
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st July 2014 - 13:16