Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Need a little listening help, Not ABX, just listen
buktore
post Jun 19 2008, 18:03
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 38011

Hi, I need a little help from you guys (especially for headphone user) , download the sample and listen..

Sample

There is a "rattle sound" from the right channel, Am I right?

The reason I asked this because, this "rattle sound" sound very familiar to the sound when my grado start to "Grattle" (which happen often.. It's so annoying, I have to "blow" it to cure the problem) at first I heard it I like "No.. not again.." but after keep listen to it for a while, I thought that it might be the music itself.

Thanks for your help

This post has been edited by buktore: Jun 19 2008, 18:06
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DVDdoug
post Jun 19 2008, 21:03
Post #2

Member No.: 46454

I can't listen because I'm at work right now. Sorry to reply without listening.... I know when you saw that there was a reply, you were thinking someone had listened.... ohmy.gif

Try reversing the left and right channels with your audio editor. If the defect switches to the other channel, the problem is in the audio file and your headphones are OK.
+Quote Post
smok3
post Jun 19 2008, 21:30
Post #3

A/V Moderator

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1922

it seems to be in the music (no, actually i'am 99% sure this is music), but listening with grado sr60 i may not be the best listener smile.gif

This post has been edited by smok3: Jun 19 2008, 21:31

--------------------
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung
+Quote Post
carpman
post Jun 19 2008, 21:50
Post #4

Group: Developer
Member No.: 44789

I thought so too.

C.

What's the music?

--------------------
TAK -p4m :: LossyWAV -q 6 | TAK :: Lame 3.98 -V 2
+Quote Post
WonderSlug
post Jun 19 2008, 22:13
Post #5

Member No.: 51066

Yeah, I just listened to it on several systems using different media players with different headphones and speakers and it is verifiable part of the music file.

EDIT: Now the thing to determine, if it annoys you, is if that "rattling" is supposed to be part of the music. If you have the CD or original source from where the FLAC was made, see if it's present there as well.

This post has been edited by WonderSlug: Jun 19 2008, 22:14
+Quote Post
buktore
post Jun 20 2008, 09:39
Post #6

Member No.: 38011

Ah.. OK, thanks for the help guys. smile.gif I knew that there' a high % that it's the music itself, but because I just play this song right after I just "blow" my grado to cure the "Grattle" sound so I'm kinda paranoid.

@ DVDdoug

You forgot that this "sound" just might be "in my head".. I experienced similar thing once with embarrassing result rolleyes.gif so I ask just to make sure.

@ carpman

14. BLOOD+ Grand Theme from BLOOD+ OST1 by Mark Mancina.

@ WonderSlug

If it's part of the music then that's fine, it's grado "Grattle" symptom (which emit similar sound to this sample when play some bass-hum music) that annoying me.

This post has been edited by buktore: Jun 20 2008, 09:41
+Quote Post
Kees de Visser
post Jun 20 2008, 10:21
Post #7

Member No.: 22220

QUOTE (buktore @ Jun 19 2008, 18:03) *
...but after keep listen to it for a while, I thought that it might be the music itself.
It's the sound of a double base section. You might enjoy going to a concert to find out how the orchestral instruments sound in real (without amplification).
It's amazing how much "distortion" they can produce. Not to mention what happens when you put famous conductor Simon Rattle in front smile.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th September 2014 - 22:53