IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

ID3 Ratings in iTunes
wolfsong
post Apr 7 2008, 08:55
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24536

Does anyone know of a hack to make iTunes use the information stored in the ID3 RATING tag?

--------------------
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/wolfsong/"]Last.fm Profile[/url]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
kornchild2002
post Apr 20 2008, 07:00
Post #2

Member No.: 21277

iTunes stores the rating, playcount, and various other information in your actual library database file. iTunes cannot read ratings or playcounts made by other programs. So the only way for you to have such information is to do it all manually through iTunes. iTunes will also store album art in your library file if you have it look up the artwork automatically. I am not quite sure why Apple took this approach with the ratings and playcounts but they did.
+Quote Post
wolfsong
post Apr 20 2008, 07:10
Post #3

Member No.: 24536

QUOTE (kornchild2002 @ Apr 20 2008, 01:00) *
iTunes stores the rating, playcount, and various other information in your actual library database file. iTunes cannot read ratings or playcounts made by other programs. So the only way for you to have such information is to do it all manually through iTunes. iTunes will also store album art in your library file if you have it look up the artwork automatically. I am not quite sure why Apple took this approach with the ratings and playcounts but they did.

Doesn't it read the tags for the rest of the metadata? I guess I was thinking some sort of scripting could copy the values into iTunes?

--------------------
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/wolfsong/"]Last.fm Profile[/url]
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 03:43