IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

crc results question.
diypig
post Mar 28 2008, 17:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 51013

my confusion: hi, so lets say i rip a cd with one burner, flac and cue style, and then do the same cd but with another burner, should there be the same crc hash? is the hashes are different, how can they both be lossless?
i am probably not understanding something here... but could someone explain it please?
or should a certain cd always give a certain crc, for a wav at least, and then different people will get a different crc due to their pc encoding the wav to flac under slighty different condtions?
help! thank you very much.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
diypig
post Nov 18 2012, 09:21
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 51013

thank you for your time and answers, sorry if i was a bit confusing.

what i meant is, if i use one drive, with a different offset (yet, it is the 'correct offset' for that drive), and another drive, with a different correct offset, but yet again, correct for that drive, both drives would rip the same wave files, with the same crds (hopefully, provided everything went well)
i think i just answered my own question smile.gif

and, yes ok, i understand that part, being lossless, flac -> wav etc, but say i compress a wave with a flac, and another day, a different computer maybe, i compress that same wave to another flac, using the same compression settings. those flacs themselves, do they necessarily have the same crc?
i understand when you covert them back to wav that they will/should have the same crc, but, in flac, would they?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 10:35