IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

crc results question.
diypig
post Mar 28 2008, 17:56
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 51013

my confusion: hi, so lets say i rip a cd with one burner, flac and cue style, and then do the same cd but with another burner, should there be the same crc hash? is the hashes are different, how can they both be lossless?
i am probably not understanding something here... but could someone explain it please?
or should a certain cd always give a certain crc, for a wav at least, and then different people will get a different crc due to their pc encoding the wav to flac under slighty different condtions?
help! thank you very much.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
diypig
post Nov 17 2012, 22:56
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 51013

adding on from this, sure it is old, but it is mine, and the the same information remains smile.gif
so, adding on from that, the offset of the drive would matter in the cry of RIPPED files?
do you mean the offset correction unchanged, so, it being changed (and now not correct) would give you incorrect rips? (that makes sense).

and, when the wav file is compressed to flac, say using level 8, the resulting crc would be the same each time? i think i may have asked this once upon a time but i cannot find it. thank you.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2014 - 14:08